cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_amb
Journeyman III

Re: 19.12.2 is a bad driver for my 5700xt

still the same, maybe some heavy crashes have been fixed, but still the frame drops and lag spikes are there with 19.12.3

stay with 19.12.1

0 Likes
horas12
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. I went back to 19.12.1 and it works fine.

0 Likes
klaus0815
Adept I

Okay, i testet it too. The games no longer freeze when enhanced sync is activated. The missing frame lock can be adjusted using the radeon chill option. there simply set both vaules to eg 60 for a 60hz framelock. BUT, with this version I get horrible microstutters in every game. the frame rate is very constant. Neither the CPU nor the graphics card are fully utilized.  I try a lot of things to eliminate this but nothing works. it doesn't matter what I set in the driver, the microstutters are always there. Back to 19.12.1, the microstutters are gone, the picture ist perfectly smooth.... I don't know what amd is doing with this driver versions, but they must stop this.... In this year I stay at this driver. I have no desire to worry about bad drivers. 

0 Likes
squuiid
Adept I

5700 XT here.
Both 19.12.2 and .3 are a crash fest when running Civilization VI. Went back to 19.12.1 and stable again.

Although Doom 2016 is still poor in all of them.

0 Likes
treathrys
Adept I

19.12.3 started off great, until I launched RL and PoE, it was a crash fest after that...

I had to roll back to 19.12.1 to get stable gameplay in all of my games again. 

Im just going to hold off until they can get the drivers stable. 

0 Likes
merlin6r
Adept I

Same here. Pulse 5700. 12.2 and 12.3 working badly for me, no crashes but smoke/fire causes nasty black artifacts and in MW2019 I'm getting very low quality textures on the rocks in the Azhir Cave map and low textures on random cars in Piccadilly map. Its weird, one car is fine but the one next to it is super low texture quality. Gone back to 12.1 for now.

Not really worried, AMD are so frequent with their driver updates that sometimes there's a bad one. No big deal, I just wait a couple of revisions and skip over them. And I find that AMD always seem to manage to pull lots of performance improvements of of their cards over the course of the driver development so the odd bad driver is something I'm willing to endure. When nvidia had the black texture problem on Battlefield 3 my friends had to endure that for weeks and weeks. The previous nvidia driver crashed BF3 so they didn't have a driver to roll back to...

0 Likes
lordhuy3333
Journeyman III

Black screen happens when I run my game in RX5700XT  for a while such as dota 2, state of decay 2, etc. I back to 19.12.1 and everything are fine, I think the new driver is really bad (more function but unstable), maybe the next update will better.

treathrys
Adept I

I was able to get 19.12.3 to work after using their utility to completely wipe all of the previous drivers/settings from my PC and just installing 19.12.3 alone. The only game that is still causing graphical glitches for me is Rocket League. 

0 Likes