cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

omnistriker2
Journeyman III

19.12.2 is a bad driver for my 5700xt

Call of Duty Modern Warfare crashes every time I try to run it. The game ran fine on 19.12.1.  Dev errors and fatal errors occur right after shaders are installed from the game or when loading a match.  Running in safe mode keeps it from crashing but when I turn the resolution from its default to 1440p it crashes with a black screen , audio still going and I cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it.  I have to upscale because I use a 1080p native monitor and want the simulated 1440p experience.   Even Warframe was dropping frames. I used to stay at 144 fps with 19.12.1 , but  it drops to 100 whenever there is action on the screen with the newest driver. 

It seems super resolution is broken , or GPU scaling is broken, or both.  I tried doing clean installs , using DDU and the AMD  clean utility but it did not fix it. I tried turning freesync off, and enhanced sync off. It did not fix it. 

I am back on 19.12.1 and running stable.   These new features on the 2020 adrenalin edition are not worth the hassle. I would hope that AMD gets more QA personnel to test these drivers before they release them.  

System Specs :

Ryzen 2700 stock

16gb CAS16 3000mhz RAM

Sapphire Pulse 5700xt

Boot drive on SSD

1080p 144hz monitor upscaled to 1440p. 

17 Replies
klaus0815
Adept I

Re: 19.12.2 is a bad driver for my 5700xt

Exact the same problem here. Every time enhanced sync is on the game (every game) freezes after 3-4 seconds. The sound plays on. Tabbing out of the game and back works for another 3 seconds.  I try a  lot of things, nothing works. Only deactivate enhanced sync. I want to use enhanced sync instead of v- sync because the input lag is a lot better with enhanced sync. So the only solution for me is switch back to 19.12.1 and wait till amd is fixing the problem with a new driver version.

System Specs :

Ryzen 5 3600x stock

16gb CL16 3333mhz RAM

Powercolor RX 5700 stock

Bootdrive NVME 1TB

1080p 60hz Monitor

Greetings from Germany

0 Likes
sanpedro
Journeyman III

Do you use the overlay ever?  If so, does it randomly close?  If not, could you try.  I'm just asking because I also have the Pulse and had a game crashing error (BF V).

0 Likes
treathrys
Adept I

I'm running the XFX 5700 XT, and pretty similar build. The same thing happened to me. I had to complete uninstall all AMD drivers/software and reinstall to get my games working again. 

dreambreaker52
Adept I

I have same issues. I didn't found any solution about vrm usage at call of duty modern warfare. I am playing at 1080 p and 60 hz all my games . I always get same problems. Witcher 3 is freezing ,Call of duty mw2019 is using a lot of Vram and Rdr2 sometimes is stutturing . Is Amd working on it. Because they wrote fixed at 1080 p stuttering at previous drivers relaese notes but still i am getting same troubles

0 Likes
klaus0815
Adept I

Do you wanna say, after a clean uninstall of all drivers and install the newest 19.12.2 driver afterwards enhanced sync works?

0 Likes
l_yy
Adept I

me too,i cant install 19.12.2,AMD????

0 Likes
samanny
Adept II

I have a brand new pc built. Its been 2-3 weeks. I am running only 1 Monitor. I only have one. I finally got time to install windows and start my new pc 3 days ago. 

Saphire Pulse 5700XT, gave me a blank screen. No signal on AOC 24 inch monitor. No sound either. Did a hard restart and it happened again 5 minutes into the game.

Is this just something I'll have to deal with or has anyone had any success, I don't know if I could return the card since it's out of the box now and its almost been a month. very disappointed to switch to amd, am i going to regret this ?

0 Likes
klaus0815
Adept I

Greetings. Today the new driver 19.12.3 was released. in the fixed issues there was some things that fixed axaktly our problems. Who want to test?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-3

0 Likes
treathrys
Adept I

Looks like I'm about to guinea pig it...wish me luck! 

0 Likes