Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: 19.12.1 is still the most stable...

Jump to solution

OK Thanks.
My copy of BFV has been recently updated by Origin.

I will test the RX Vega 64 Liquid again with the Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI  and Adrenalin 20.5.1 driver and see if BFV runs better with latest updates. 

0 Likes
goosethesecond
Adept III

Jump to solution

I also updated my Windows 10 to the latest feature update version 2004. Literally any update that can be done is the latest on my machine across anything we can think of at the moment.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

I have to stay on 19.09 for the moment.
It will be interesting to see if the BFV Update and 20.5.1. stops the crashing at last.

0 Likes
kuwabara
Adept I

Jump to solution

Ok this looks like helped. i Have the Msi 5700 Xt 50th aniversary card , playing final fantasy xiv , and had occasional black screen every few days.I had the issue only when gaming, i could watch streams, videos , movies 24/7 without a black screen or any issues . Any benchmark was running without issues, for several hours, temps were ok and stable, Aida64 stability test running for 24h no issues , same for Prime . I thought i was going crazy, people reported its your psu, its your overclocking , its (insert anything from your house power cables to your water boiler and toilet)... Disabled any oveclocking, disabled all features in the AMD sw ,any notification in any software, hw acceleration in anything running, replaced psu, used 2 cables for graca, os reinstall, different drivers, you name it.With Nvidia 1070, 1060 and r9 380 aok no issues whatsoever. I got so sick of the immersion breaker amd black screen, i tried this hybrid driver and looky look , since than no more issue (knocking on wood) . Looks like the game or my system didnt somehow like the new GUI. Thanks very much.  And the best thing is that iam running with firefox, discord, chrome with hw acceleration enabled in background, and all is running perfectly, i can also alt tab as much as i wont and nada ...stable af.

gabsvm
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi friends! This is still the case for all of you with current drivers? I dont suffer from black screens but i have some rare random stuttering in some games and maybe a suspicious high cpu usage. 

0 Likes
noobgamer
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I will try this, I am also going crazy and have a headache every time a give time to troubleshoot my computer, i will try this very old driver, As I having a lots on trouble on gpu driver, 1 driver will fixed the other game, the other game will crash my system without any BSOD or error,

When i update to different driver IT will fix the current game that restart without warning BUT!!!!!

will cause trouble to others games .

Roblox

Apex Legend

Valorant

etc.... different drivers result on different game restart,

the newest driver 21.4.1 or something will crash heavens benchmark on direct x 11, but not in OPEN GL

, I revert back to very old driver 20.3.1

I run heaven benchmark on direct x and it did finished without restart.

no change on config , I will test this 20.3.1 driver if it will cause restart on Scavengers, Then revert AGAIN!! to 19.12.1 as OP stated And see if my system became stable,

I also suspect many parts of my system, mobo, cpu, motherboard, psu memory, ,

I really love AMD now! But, THEIR GPU is giving me A HEADACHE!!!!!!

I'm glad Im not the only one having this problem!

CPU: R5 3500x

MObo: b450 tomahawk max

GPU: rx570.

If I will have a budget, I will test cheap Nvidia graphics card and test it!

I hope amd WILL notice US!!

their crash guard is USELESS!

I love you AMD , but pay NVIDIA for advise regarding you SOFTWARE ISSUE!!!

"DRIVERS"

0 Likes