Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

goosethesecond
Adept III

19.12.1 is still the most stable...

Dear AMD,

I am currently on 19.12.1 as it is STILL the ONLY stable driver that allows me to play my games without interruptions. Every new 2020 driver since the first release has been a complete disaster and doesn't allow me a smooth experience anywhere. I've always been an AMD lover my whole life, always recommending it to my friends. I am someone that helps people build PCs and in the past year alone, I've put together parts list for four close friends of mine ALL utilizing Ryzen processors and Radeon GPUs. I personally provide support to them whenever they need it and it's just becoming embarrassing at this point that you guys can't figure out your 2020 drivers. 

I built myself a brand-new system in December 2019 using what I thought was the latest and greatest: Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX5700, and a PCIe4.0 X570 motherboard. At this point... I'm only SO close to wishing I would have went with Intel/nVidia (my previous ASUS gaming laptop from 2012 is Intel/nVidia and in most cases still more stable when it comes to GPU work) yet I refuse to give in to that. This is your last chance or this system is definitely my first and last AMD build and the last time I put together an all-AMD parts list for future friend/client builds. 

Get it straight already!

1 Solution

Hi I am running Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI with Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 Drivers on a pair of RX Vega 64 Liquid, PowerColor Red Dragon, Radeon Pro Duo, XFX R9 390X Black edition. 

That seems to be the best option for me at the moment w.r.t Radeon Drivers.

It is an easy install process:
1. Install Adrenalin 19.12.1.
2. Download and extract Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. drivers under C:\AMD .
3. Go to Device Manager and update Drivers for your primary AMD GPU.
4. Point to: C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.2.2-Feb28\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF

That way you:

(A). Should pick up lots of bug fixes in Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 drivers.

(B). Do not have to deal with the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI.
(C). Still have Global and Local FRTC independent of Chill_Max slider.
(D). You still get proper Crossfire/MultiGPU pairing selection control.
(E). You still get Crossfire DX11 Profiles in the GUI/UI. 

Some problems though.

(F).  There is no button to enable Radeon Boost in the GUI that I have found.
(G).  The Chill Hotkey does not work - I cannot set ALT+W as my Radeon Chill Hotkey. Only option = F11.
        I have filed an AMD Reporting form about that. Chill hotkey does not work in any version of full Adrenalin 2020   GUI/UI install from 19.12.2 to 20.2.2 that I have tested.

View solution in original post

75 Replies