cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Miniboss

Re: 19.11.1 stil not fixed radeon vii extreme slow restart and shutdown, 7 mounths im wait!

ahah , yes you're right, i just pass a little bit fast on messages that seems pure trolling sometimes , ok you're right about the up to date thing... but if the problem exists for you that doesn't mean it's a gpu driver problem either, sorry ! combination with another hardware maybe be the other hardware driver problem too ... you don't want to understand that even if I say it's ok by me (i told you I changed a lot of hardware too) that just even may mean that you are focusing on the wrong cause ...

0 Likes
xlox
Miniboss

Re: 19.11.1 stil not fixed radeon vii extreme slow restart and shutdown, 7 mounths im wait!

"So it's either an issue with my specific GPU or more likely, AMD messed up something with VIIs in the 19.5.x."

so did you try with another gpu ?

0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

asus radeon vii - (try ALL version of bios with uefi and without) serial number - 181904 002566. sticker - 444367-04083 yv0cy0-a01 vc3075

mobo Asus z390 code (try all versions of bios and microcode) = same problem windows 10 1903 last driver(19.4.3 ok) / windows 7 No problems with last driver

mobo Asrock z390 taichi ultimate (try all versions of bios and microcode) = same problem windows 10 1903  last driver (19.4,3 ok)  / windows 7 No problems with last driver

9900k = same problem 

9900kf = same problem 

psu 1050w platinum = same problem

psu 1000w titaium = same problem

2 differetn pc = same problem

3 different ssd

37 clean reinstaling of windows 10

7 clean instaling windows 7

Amd problem, NOT MY !

IM try ALL, and im not alone with this problem

0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

no problem with restart if radeon second adapter, rofl

20191109_162147.jpg

qwixt
Forerunner

wow lol

I assume the geforce gpu slot is identified as primary display in bios? If so, I think the primary video slot is a part of the PC POST so the driver is screwing with something inside the VII. Previously, I have tried turning off all forms of fast boot and fast start to make sure nothing is saved and limit any driver interaction during POST. It could be some motherboard setting is interfering with it. We both have intel CPUs, so that might be a factor. I have gigabyte motherboard. From your picture, you have ASUS.

diohas
Adept III

+ , im try play with fast boot too, no help. yeah, now asus, but i have z390 taichi ultimate and same problem.

0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

not only intel cpu, im my last tread was a man with r9 3900 ))) and 2 mobos on b450 and x570, same problem too

(

I have the same problem. Slow restart Radeon vii. Ongoing also. Has been present with Asus B350-i gaming with R7 2700x, then with R93900x, and now with Asus X-570i gaming. Always updated to latest bios, driver, windows 10 updates.  Very frustrating. Very disappointing. You can tell from the unstable memory clock issue on the Radeon vii for months that AMD is not supporting their flagship consumer GPU very well.

It's clearly not your motherboard. Obvious AMD driver issue with Radeon vii it seems.)

0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

you try  19.11.2 ?

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

No. I have given up on amd. I just watch to see if anything improves.

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

Now that I think about it, did you ever fill out driver feedback/issue with this information?

0 Likes