cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

diohas
Adept III

19.11.1 stil not fixed radeon vii extreme slow restart and shutdown, 7 mounths im wait!

radeon vii extreme slow restart and shutdown windows 10 

https://community.amd.com/thread/239464 

SINCE 19.5.1 , HELLO AMD, CAN YOU FIX THIS PLS ? LIKE ON WINDOWS 7 MB ? IT IS DISASTER

0 Likes
30 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

why do you think your problem is related to gpu drivers ? you seem to be the only one to have this problem

0 Likes

He is far from the only one having the issue. It's basically ignored by AMD due to the low number of users for the VII.

0 Likes

so you say you have the problem too ? so why do you think it's about gpu driver ?

0 Likes

its a gpu driver, TESTED 2 BRAN NEW MOTHERBOARDS, 2 BRAND NEW PSU, 4 DIFFERENT PCs, LAST STABLE DRIVER IS 19.4.3

0 Likes

i really don't get what you say, there is no link between all of this and a "gpu driver problem"

maybe you should check you're windows installation

0 Likes

do you read ?

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

I installed Windows 10 on completely different PC and the issue still happened. 100% clean windows install. Only thing the same between the PCs is the GPU. Works fine on versions prior to 19.5.1 for both PCs. Just read through the issues.

No doubt the incompetent geniuses added something for the 5700, and messed up the VII.

so what, you are 3/4 funny geniuses ? wow, and I noticed that one have already have be reported as a troll

i just read the post and it's just stupid , maybe you should read what people answer you

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

that 's funny because with ryzen 3000 they accused ryzen 3000 of being the "problem" ... I had a 4930k, 3700x and have a 3900x now with radeon VII , never had that kind of issue and had radeon VII since its release with all drivers allways up to date ... (you say 19.5.1 with 1809 , nothing is up to date here)

0 Likes

omg, stop pls, im try all variants, you can read it in link of my thread. first link not my thread

0 Likes

maybe you should give your pc to someone that can analyse your "problem" because if the problem is you , then you will certainly never find the answer lol

0 Likes

Now you're just trolling.

/facepalm

The issue started with the 19.5.1 drivers, and has continued ever since. Like diohas says, just stop if you don't have the rudimentary ability to even understand that.

again, read what people tells you, or stop trolling

0 Likes

Again, take your own advice. Maybe even read what you wrote "you say 19.5.1 with 1809 , nothing is up to date here".

You don't even understand the concept of when an issue starts and continues. Just look at the date of the one thread, when the issue started in April/May, the latest versions were 19.5.1 and 1809. Either way, there's no point in talking to someone that comprehend time.

qwixt
Forerunner

I know you are trying to be smart. You don't think issue exists because it works on your PC. You really shouldn't be on any technical forum if you don't understand all the pc permutations. I mean you didn't even grasp or register that it was installed in two different PCs, one of which had a new OS install. So that says you probably want to refrain from "helping" on technical forums.

I think realisticly and statistically , taking the fact that you changed hardware , that the problem is not the gpu driver , that 99% sure ... you should not ask for help if you don't read or are not able to understand because it's too technical for you , ask for a friend to help you maybe , but clearly flooding forum with you whinning is clearly not helping you and anyone ..

0 Likes

Only common point between the two is the GPU and the driver, so like I mentioned, it's either a combination of those or one of those.

If you go to the linked thread, and utilize some basic reading skills, you will come across this, "So it's either an issue with my specific GPU or more likely, AMD messed up something with VIIs in the 19.5.x." which I wrote back in May.

The only thing you have brought up is that it works for you, and have done nothing to refute the quote from May. Furthermore, you are providing zero logic or help on the issue because you keep insisting the issue can't exist because it works fine for you.

I suggest you heed your own advice.

"So it's either an issue with my specific GPU or more likely, AMD messed up something with VIIs in the 19.5.x."

so did you try with another gpu ?

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

ahah , yes you're right, i just pass a little bit fast on messages that seems pure trolling sometimes , ok you're right about the up to date thing... but if the problem exists for you that doesn't mean it's a gpu driver problem either, sorry ! combination with another hardware maybe be the other hardware driver problem too ... you don't want to understand that even if I say it's ok by me (i told you I changed a lot of hardware too) that just even may mean that you are focusing on the wrong cause ...

0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

asus radeon vii - (try ALL version of bios with uefi and without) serial number - 181904 002566. sticker - 444367-04083 yv0cy0-a01 vc3075

mobo Asus z390 code (try all versions of bios and microcode) = same problem windows 10 1903 last driver(19.4.3 ok) / windows 7 No problems with last driver

mobo Asrock z390 taichi ultimate (try all versions of bios and microcode) = same problem windows 10 1903  last driver (19.4,3 ok)  / windows 7 No problems with last driver

9900k = same problem 

9900kf = same problem 

psu 1050w platinum = same problem

psu 1000w titaium = same problem

2 differetn pc = same problem

3 different ssd

37 clean reinstaling of windows 10

7 clean instaling windows 7

Amd problem, NOT MY !

IM try ALL, and im not alone with this problem

0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

no problem with restart if radeon second adapter, rofl

20191109_162147.jpg

wow lol

I assume the geforce gpu slot is identified as primary display in bios? If so, I think the primary video slot is a part of the PC POST so the driver is screwing with something inside the VII. Previously, I have tried turning off all forms of fast boot and fast start to make sure nothing is saved and limit any driver interaction during POST. It could be some motherboard setting is interfering with it. We both have intel CPUs, so that might be a factor. I have gigabyte motherboard. From your picture, you have ASUS.

+ , im try play with fast boot too, no help. yeah, now asus, but i have z390 taichi ultimate and same problem.

0 Likes

not only intel cpu, im my last tread was a man with r9 3900 ))) and 2 mobos on b450 and x570, same problem too

(

I have the same problem. Slow restart Radeon vii. Ongoing also. Has been present with Asus B350-i gaming with R7 2700x, then with R93900x, and now with Asus X-570i gaming. Always updated to latest bios, driver, windows 10 updates.  Very frustrating. Very disappointing. You can tell from the unstable memory clock issue on the Radeon vii for months that AMD is not supporting their flagship consumer GPU very well.

It's clearly not your motherboard. Obvious AMD driver issue with Radeon vii it seems.)

0 Likes

you try  19.11.2 ?

0 Likes

No. I have given up on amd. I just watch to see if anything improves.

0 Likes

Now that I think about it, did you ever fill out driver feedback/issue with this information?

0 Likes

no, im try new driver, same problem, back r7 in box

0 Likes