Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jl5086
Elite

Re: 19.11.1 red dead 2 PC snow/ground glitch

Jump to solution

Yeah Rockstar told me to "re-install windows, and see if it helps"............even though I just did 2 weeks ago!...............I'll just use DirectX for now thank you.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

I don't have the game. But the problem may be with Rockstar. Maybe a patch for the game will improve the situation. It will be more accurate to use DX12.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

mstfbsrn980 wrote:

I don't have the game. But the problem may be with Rockstar. Maybe a patch for the game will improve the situation. It will be more accurate to use DX12.

Any DX12 game I own I use it to see how well it works

0 Kudos
jl5086
Elite

Jump to solution

Have you actually had any luck with the CRU program?   It doesn't seem to do anything,  I removed ALL entries that were below 60hz for my display, and it still switches to 30hz when game starts, and if I task manager out it leaves windows in 4k 30hz, until I go into win display and set it back.  This is sooooo frustrating, maybe i'm not using this app right.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

I use a 144 hertz monitor, and some games run with 60 hertz when I don't use CRU. My CRU settings are here...
Annotation 2019-12-13 000408.jpg
The program can adjust the TV and monitor hertz.

0 Kudos
jl5086
Elite

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Maybe I just have to figure out how to use it better,  and maybe a restart is required after using the CRU app.   Time will tell, since usually right after a fresh restart the 30hz problem will not be present anyway.  But I will be glad if I don't have to keep restarting every time I want to load a game!

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

For CRU changes, you must run the restart program.

0 Kudos
redfoottttt
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Yes I have this problem too .

0 Kudos
dnak
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I will concur, this is a nasty graphical issue with deformable surfaces like snow and mud.

0 Kudos
eddvdm
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I'm having this as well, since November 5th with all drivers since 19.11.1. (If you want more details here and here).

Anyways, 19.12.2 didn't fix it. A suggestion I want to give people, and also to know if it works for you too, is to try to set the deepsurfaceQuality setting to Ultra by editing your \Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings\system.xml file (the only way, since ingame settings don't have it):

(should be around line 73, just change whatever value inside the tag to this one:)
<deepsurfaceQuality>kSettingLevel_Ultra</deepsurfaceQuality>

Of everything I've tried so far, this was the only thing changing  anything on that. It does not fix it 100%, but I've seen the glitch less frequently, and when it happens is less terrifying. (Also, this setting will also help on view distance for things like wagon trails, etc). I did not see any hard performance hit with that, also. (Originally  it was set to High)

If you try it please let me know if anything  about it changed for you - maybe it's the path for AMD finding a fix  for us.

0 Kudos