darknothing wrote:

i don't use twitter.

twitter is free to use

0 Kudos
kevador
Journeyman III

Re: 19.11.1 red dead 2 PC snow/ground glitch

Jump to solution

Still hasn't been fixed as of writing this.
C'mon AMD and RockStar, fix this!

gekonpc
Adept I

Jump to solution

as of 11.12.2019 with the radeon software version 19.12.2
STILL NOT FIXED
better yet.. introduced another glitch when running on foot on mud now makes small bumps

0 Kudos
jl5086
Elite

Jump to solution

In RDR2, With my RX5700 XT I get that same glitch if I use Vulkan, but it's fine with DX12,  So I am really just avoiding Vulkan, unfortunately,  since with my RX5700 XT 90% of of the time, any game that uses Vulkan displays at 30hz.  It doesn't matter if the game lets you choose the refresh rate, or what resolution, it makes no difference (it does it on every monitor/cable/driver combo I've tried).  Sometimes if I restart the computer and load whichever game, it sometimes may work.  Other times I will try, and it's at 30hz,  and doesn't even reset to 60hz when I get back to windows, so I have to either restart or go into win settings and set the refresh back to 60.    If I swap in my RX580  I get no such issue,  so for now I just use DirectX if available, because 30hz is unplayable, and craters in the ground is unacceptable also.  Besides that I don't yet see any improvements in performance anyway.  It is unfortunate though that more and more games (mostly ones endorsed by AMD) are being made Vulkan only,  that sucks.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

Informing to AMD of any issues you experience will shorten the software solutions to your problems.
https://www.amd.com/tr/support/contact-email-form 
There is probably a problem with AMD Vulkan driver. Let them know your driver (image sharpening or enhanced sync or vsr) settings and problems.

0 Kudos
jl5086
Elite

Jump to solution

I have done this already, I use none of the "extra" features,  regular scaling, like I said, any resolution, fps cap on/off, v-sync on/off, etc.   makes no difference.   AMD tells me to re-install windows (basically that means they are out of answers),  btw,  I did anyway, now I have a squeaky clean computer with the same issue,  but it was fun.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

Use CRU software. Remove unnecessary resolution and hertz values with this software and enable VSR. You can solve 30 hertz problems, I think... Good luck...

0 Kudos
jl5086
Elite

Jump to solution

Thank you, that CRU will be extremely helpful I think!  I really don't understand what benefit VSR could give,  I have a 4k display, so what benefit would I be getting from having VSR enabled?   I thought it was just basically the reverse of upscaling (i.e. downscaling)   unless I am not understanding what it does.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

VSR sometimes works better. Do not use VSR if it is useless. 

0 Kudos