cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gravatrax
Journeyman III

184 Cannot Install Due to Unspported Operating System

I am having a serious problem at the moment, I had to do a fresh install after this latest AMD driver put my in automatic repair loop and I had no other options to reinstall!  Now I am trying to get everything setup I get the 184 error? I am running the installer as admin but it keeps giving me an error. Using the same medium and version of windows from prior reinstall.

AMD Ryzen 3800x

AMD 5700xt

Windows Specs from About:

Win 10 Pro

Version 1803

OS Build 17134.112

0 Likes
9 Replies

Probably because of your old OS.

Drivers and Software

AMD software and drivers are designed to work best for up-to-date operating systems. Please be sure to update your operating system before installing drivers.

I have the same problem, but my Win Pro is the Version 1703. What I have to do?

0 Likes

0 Likes

"I have the same problem, but my Win Pro is the Version 1703. What I have to do?"

Can you read/understand English?

Here..let me read the answer to your problem to you:

Update Windows to the latest version. 

Problem solved.

0 Likes

Yes, I'm understend. Yesterday I was update the last version and problem was not solved. So, I have the latest version. And we have the same error.  What I have to do now? I hope I don't have to wait a month for new driver updates. 

0 Likes

Are you on 2H?

0 Likes

Win 10 Pro ver 20H2

0 Likes

I was reinstall Windows. Then updated them and it works. I guess the problem is real was in the Windows. Ty all.

0 Likes

Current status as of April 9, 2021:
On May 11, 2021, all editions of Windows 10, version 1803 will reach end of service. After that date, devices running this version will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates containing protections from the latest security threats. We recommend that you update these devices to the latest version of Windows 10 immediately. For information about servicing timelines and lifecycle, see the Windows lifecycle fact sheet and Lifecycle FAQ - Windows.