cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spike6479
Journeyman III

18.4.1 removed 1920x1200 resolution support for my Samsung 4k monitor

When I installed driver version 18.4.1 I found that 1920x1200 resolution was removed from my Samsung U28E590D monitor. Reverting to 18.2.1 fixed this problem. Any reason why this happened?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Try using a small free program called Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) to reinstall the resolution that is missing.

You gave no information on your computer setup : INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION ,

But if you are using Windows 7 or 10, go to Display and see what Resolutions are showing.

We are just peers here not AMD employees. Maybe one of the mods will know and answer. I think we have seen this a few drivers back and that person was able to use CRU as elstaci suggested to get it working with the current Beta driver. You should absolutely open a support ticket and tell AMD about it, they won't get the information about it here: Email Form

0 Likes

Thanks much. I submitted the problem to AMD. My solution was simply go back to the rev that works.

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 4:51:45 PM EDT, pokester <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

Re: 18.4.1 removed 1920x1200 resolution support for my Samsung 4k monitor

in Drivers & Software

We are just peers here not AMD employees. Maybe one of the mods will know and answer. I think we have seen this a few drivers back and that person was able to use CRU as elstaci suggested to get it working with the current Beta driver. You should absolutely open a support ticket and tell AMD about it, they won't get the information about it here: Email Form

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

Yes, here the exact same monitor and I confirm the OP - 1920x1200 is gone!

However, I am not using HD display resolutions any more hence never noticed it..

0 Likes