cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

captainsloose
Journeyman III

18.4.1 on RX580 - Major Mouse Stuttering + Possible Workaround

I ran the update last night hoping the 18.4.1 would fix the issues I was having with Sea of Thieves and 18.3.4 ....18.4.1 SEEMS to have fixed the problems with SoT (lots of game and video driver crashes, artifacting, lighting errors that were unique to AMD) ....

HOWEVER: there is HUGE mouse stuttering.  This is NOT unique to my machine, as I discovered dozens of posts in the last 12 hours about it on reddit. The mouse stutters uncontrollably/stalls while moving the cursor.  Turning ON mouse trails seems to have fixed the behavior.

Specs:
Win10 version 1803 build 17134.5

AMD FX8350 8 core @ 4.0GHz

16GB ram

XFX AMD RX580 8GB

Mouse(relevant hardware disturbed): Logitech M502 wired mouse.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated.  I'm kind of miffed I bought an AMD card.  I would have gotten an geforce (i swore I'd never go AMD again) but the card I wanted just wasn't easily available.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If there is a Logitech update try that. If it becomes an issues you can't deal with uninstall the logitech software and let Windows just use its default mouse driver. This has fixed this issue for me and others in the past. Several other mouse brands have issues to with Windows and the AMD drivers, but uninstalling the Brand specific drivers and using the Windows default seems to help most.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies