cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

captainsloose
Journeyman III

18.4.1 on RX580 - Major Mouse Stuttering + Possible Workaround

I ran the update last night hoping the 18.4.1 would fix the issues I was having with Sea of Thieves and 18.3.4 ....18.4.1 SEEMS to have fixed the problems with SoT (lots of game and video driver crashes, artifacting, lighting errors that were unique to AMD) ....

HOWEVER: there is HUGE mouse stuttering.  This is NOT unique to my machine, as I discovered dozens of posts in the last 12 hours about it on reddit. The mouse stutters uncontrollably/stalls while moving the cursor.  Turning ON mouse trails seems to have fixed the behavior.

Specs:
Win10 version 1803 build 17134.5

AMD FX8350 8 core @ 4.0GHz

16GB ram

XFX AMD RX580 8GB

Mouse(relevant hardware disturbed): Logitech M502 wired mouse.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated.  I'm kind of miffed I bought an AMD card.  I would have gotten an geforce (i swore I'd never go AMD again) but the card I wanted just wasn't easily available.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If there is a Logitech update try that. If it becomes an issues you can't deal with uninstall the logitech software and let Windows just use its default mouse driver. This has fixed this issue for me and others in the past. Several other mouse brands have issues to with Windows and the AMD drivers, but uninstalling the Brand specific drivers and using the Windows default seems to help most.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies

If there is a Logitech update try that. If it becomes an issues you can't deal with uninstall the logitech software and let Windows just use its default mouse driver. This has fixed this issue for me and others in the past. Several other mouse brands have issues to with Windows and the AMD drivers, but uninstalling the Brand specific drivers and using the Windows default seems to help most.

0 Likes

drivers are at newest version.

if i uninstall the logitech software i lost my custom mouse bindings. this is not an acceptable fix. if i wanted to use a horse and buggy to ride to work I would have bought one.

0 Likes

I offered a work around, we on this forum don't work for AMD and are users just like you, trying to help you. If you want to talk to AMD you need to open a support ticket, this is explained at the top of every forum header. Open a support ticket here: Email Form 

So sorry if you don't like the advice of people trying to only help. You are under no obligation at all to follow it.

So since the MOUSE IS THE ISSUE, have you asked Logitech when they will have new driver available that fixes your issue, since as you say it is unacceptable to not use their software? Logitech Support + Downloads

0 Likes

Googled your mouse and stuttering found someone who says they fixed it by changing a setting in the Logitech software.  Maybe worth a try.

Logitech G502 mouse stuttering - Components - Tom's Hardware

0 Likes

Had you READ my original post (as it is clear you did NOT):

I am *already* on win10 1803.  I *am* running the latest drivers.  I already *have* a workaround.

forget it.  Are you a bot?

0 Likes

Yes bots look up help for people all the time and find them and suggest useful help. Did you take one of those short buses to school?

Actually I did see that and was working with another thread to and got confused and as already changed before your so RUDELY had to be an AS S again to someone helping you had already removed that within a minute of posting it. So I am done trying to help you and could care less if you ever get fixed because you are really being a jerk and deserve no help from your peers.  What a DB.

0 Likes

listen there are short bus drivers and there are window lickers.  Which type are you?.  The *FIX*  has got to come from AMD.  they broke my driver. 

Lets follow simple logic here:

I update my drivers.  My mouse starts acting funny.  I find a work around, and post a complaint/short term work around.

Windows is on 1803. You suggest updating windows to 1803.
My logitech drivers are current.  You tell me to get rid of my drivers. Then you say update my drivers.

Why don't you ask if I put premium fuel in my car gas tank?  That's about as relevant as your 'help'.

next time learn to do something other than CTRL-C CTRL-V.  You'd fit right in on stack overflow.

0 Likes

as I said already I already realized the windows 10 version issue and fixed it so if you want to keep chastising someone trying to help you fine but I am NOT AMD, YOU AR NOT TALKING TO AMD HERE, THESE ARE COMMUNITY FORUMS. I already acknowleged that you don't have to, not that anyone should have to tell you it anyway, that you have to use any suggested work around. I suggest you might let Logitech know as they may be able to adjust in future drivers but your not interested in that either only being a jerk. I was in no way at any time saying it wasn't an AMD driver. So honestly I guess unless I could have waved a magic wand to fix your problem you could not be made happy. Sorry I ever tried to help YOU, even though you obviously need help!

0 Likes
giug86
Adept I

Same problem here. I did the workaround and it work. But i hate mouse trail..

please AMD.. mouse issue on a vga drive?

Rx 480 8gb

Mouse Razer.

win 10 april update.

pokester should chime in here.  Clearly it must be the type of silicone you used around your windows.  Or clearly you have a bad neutral line to your electrical panel.  Clearly it must be a dirty carburetor.

Also:

exactly: why did my vga drivers break my mouse?

0 Likes