cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

toounskilled
Adept I

18.2.3 keeps asking me to update to... 18.2.2! Any ideas?

Disclaimer, The problem report wizard is not installed, but that has been the case for the 2 previous versions as well and they never asked me to update to an older one lol

0 Likes
1 Solution

yeah well, what can you do. you can't rly call this a bug, it's more like an annoying thing 

5B8eWJw.png

I don't wanna enable chill yet it keeps pestering me about

I don't wanna enable win hdr and wcg since it's absolutely crap

I don't wanna "update" to 18.12.2 since i have 18.12.3

Man... just ignore it if everything else works fine, srsly.

Peace and a Happy New Year!

Party hard! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies

I have the same exact problem and it's driving me INSANE!!!! If I do the 18.12.3  it tells me I need to install 18.12.2 , and if I do 18.12.2 the 18.12.3 pops up again. So can someone get to the bottom of this? Which one do we NEED and let's stop this horsing around.

Rx550 Displayport (primary 32" QHD) and HDMI (secondary 27" HD) in use.

0 Likes

Let me read it to you:

1. Re: Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12....

ray_m

18.12.2 is a WHQL recommended driver,

18.12.3 is an optional driver.

0 Likes

That's not why, have had optional updates since forever and it's never asked me to go back to the WHQL version

Plus, if you go back to 18.12.2 you get the same notification about 18.12.3

Since others are getting the same notification, I'm just putting this down as a bug and letting it be

yeah well, what can you do. you can't rly call this a bug, it's more like an annoying thing 

5B8eWJw.png

I don't wanna enable chill yet it keeps pestering me about

I don't wanna enable win hdr and wcg since it's absolutely crap

I don't wanna "update" to 18.12.2 since i have 18.12.3

Man... just ignore it if everything else works fine, srsly.

Peace and a Happy New Year!

Party hard! 

0 Likes

Happy New Year

And I'm pretty sure you can turn off the other two notifications. Chill especially you can just enable and never use it, since you'd need to separately enable it on each specific game/app for it to actually do anything

wheemer
Journeyman III

Still living with this annoying issue and it's not cool. Where is the update to solve this and other spamming notifications?

0 Likes

Even after updating to 19.1.1 it is still notifying me that 18.12.2 is an update... They seriously can't fix such a simple thing? WOW!

0 Likes

19.1.1 fixed it on all my computers...Win10/Win8.1/Win7

0 Likes

While that is wonderful, it does not fix it for everybody. I just used DDU to remove all traces of my previous drivers. Then I rebooted and installed 19.1.1 from scratch. Within 15 mins of booting I got an update available notification for 18.12.2.

So it's something on their end that is triggering this. Wish they could sort it out.

0 Likes

0 Likes