cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lordly_blank
Journeyman III

18.12.2 wont work, cpu useage 100%

Hello everyone, after updating driver to 18.12.2 my cpu useage was 100 (there were 2 amd hosts) i have amd radeon R7 250 1GB, intel pentium G3260 (i am waiting for 3 gen ryzen processor to upgrade also upcoming amd gpu) and i basicly computer was non useable. Driver version 18.9.3 works fine for now. I did a clean driver instalation for 18.12.2 and for 18.9.3 which i am currently using. I couldn't open radeon settings(18.12.2). Is my gpu bad for this driver or i did something wrong?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

0 Likes
6 Replies
flitzjoy
Journeyman III

My case is similar. I've used to had that problem of "amddvr.exe" causing high cpu/gpu usage when idle, so as I learned in the past I always remove this executable after installing a new driver and lived fine. I don't install Relive and disable the hotkey for the overlay so it wasn't a problem at all.

In this new driver I can't open Radeon Settings, after clicking in the tray icon anything happens. In task manager "RadeonSettings.exe" and "AMDRSServ.exe" starts consuming one whole cpu core each with 100% usage. I don't have any other alternative besides killing them and remaining without settings application.

What I notice is that "amddvr.exe" doesn't exists anymore and my thought it is the same functionality that caused the high cpu usage on that and never worked for 1 year had migrated to the settings service and still not fixed.

If I can provide any additional info let me know.

RX480 Win10 1809.

0 Likes

You can try off "Record desktop" in ReLive (Overlay).

0 Likes

I did not install the ReLive.

0 Likes

I am  also not using amd Relive, i will wait for new version of driver and then i will update it.

Thank you for fast answer!

0 Likes
flitzjoy
Journeyman III

Yeah, without AMD Settings I can't tune anything. Unfortunately I had to revert to 18.2.1 and will wait for a new build so I can test the new features.

0 Likes
flitzjoy
Journeyman III

I opened a support ticket as recommended in another thread. Well, the general recommendation from AMD was to disable in BIOS my Intel onboard graphics card. It indeed worked and now I can properly enjoy the new driver.

I´ve never disabled that before and have been running AMD boards for years. It wasn't a issue until the last update so I replied them to advise about this issue during the installation if the user has a integrated board enabled.

0 Likes