cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

paponesrpg
Adept I

18.12.2 instaled --18.12.2 new version--18.12.3 opcional all the time,???????

New software notifications all time on windows

18.12.2 instaled --18.12.2 new version--18.12.3 opcional all the time

18.12.3 instaled---18.12.3 new version---18.12.2 optional all time

Where is the problem ?raedon software.jpg

Screensoft here:

28 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: 18.12.2 instaled --18.12.2 new version--18.12.3 opcional all the time,???????

rescuedogs1
Journeyman III

Re: 18.12.2 instaled --18.12.2 new version--18.12.3 opcional all the time,???????

My partner and I are having the same issue on our 3 computers, Have already uninstalled and used the autodetect and install on the AMD website to try and rectify the problem. Have been going round in circles, install in order of updates, yet it keeps reverting to same current and new recommended. This has happened too many times to count. Thinking of searching for different software. 

Have google searched how to fix the issue, Lots of results, yet no information on how to over come the problem. I did notice allot of other people are having the same problem.

My best guess by this is that AMD may not have conducted enough testing on this update to prevent the issues by the end user.

Unfortunately I can't upload a screenshot to show the ongoing issue of this release. (only 1.6 MB)
current installed         18.9.3  
new recommended    18.9.3
New Optional             18.12.3
higgih01
Adept III

I have exactly the same problem. With 18.12.2 installed, Radeon Settings Advisor recommends installing the 'new' update,18.12.2 i.e. what is currently installed.  pastedImage_1.png

With 18.12.2 installed, I checked for updates, Radeon Settings suggested 18.12.3. When I installed 18.12.3, Radeon Settings flagged a driver update - back to 18.12.2! I trust it is an easy fix to stop a version of Radeon Setting referencing itself as an 'update'. I trust it is also easy to stop the latest version referencing an earlier version as a recommended 'update'. This level of 'noise' can be confusing for some and just plain annoying for others, and provides completely unnecessary ammunition to those that like to criticise RADEON drivers.

oldar
Adept II

Yeah I had the same problem as well. And not only that, when I firstly installed Drivers 18.12.3 I witnessed 2 "strange things":

1. Even with 18.12.3 drivers installed, I always get the notification that new drivers are available and I see the 18.12.2 as the ones to install (???).

2. When I tried to shut down, although the windows (Windows 10 64 Bit Pro) closed as they should, my mobo's led, fans, hdds/ssds., were ALL ON! I had to press the power on button for 3 secs in order to shut down my pc entirely. I entered in Windows again to check for what is going on and the same thing occurred twice. I then installed 18.12.2 again (clean install) and it fixed my problems with the shutting down...

paponesrpg
Adept I

1.png2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.png5.png6.jpg7.png8.png9.png

0 Likes
oldar
Adept II

Thank you for your time to send me all this info! I appreciate your effort, but even if your solution will work for me, the "non shut down" thing, is a big pain in... my mind. I cannot close my PC pressing the power button 3-4 secs every time I need to close it. Its unacceptable for me. I will wait for the next update and maybe I will try that one when it will be out.

Thanks again for your help and your answer though!

paponesrpg
Adept I

amd.jpgI continue with this version 18.12.2, the other version is more annoying with so much notification, it's crazy.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi,
More info here ...

Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12.2?
You should report the issue to AMD using AMD Reporting form in preferences.
it is causing lots of confusion as it is a ridiculous "upgrade loop" notification / advice.

Bye.

0 Likes
mmradeon
Journeyman III

I have this issue since was released this update.
Personally, I will never... never.. buy again RADEON. Can have gold on it, platinum, diamonds.. To install something and to still ask me while I stream, while I do videos, to have issues also with my windows because of the GPU. Better get rid of it and never buy it. If it takes a lot of time to repair it and it's still broken.. it's broken for ever.