cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Re: 17.6.1 - Black Screen and Artifacts On Desktop RX 470

Jump to solution

17.6.2. seems to have fixed the stability issues that were happening on 17.6.1. I've been using it for the last couple days and nothing has happened.

Freesync and ReLive (and I still actually think Power Effeciency setting) are still are a little funky causing framerate hitches and things. I've just turned all those things all off for now and everything is smooth! But those feature really need to get looked into because they are really nice features but when causing framerate or frametimings to bounce up and down, they aren't really useful, especially since that's what Freesync is suppose to prevent from happening.

View solution in original post

Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Oh there is a new driver, i think i will wait till i am sure it's safe... i been having this issue on Dragon Ball Xenoverse after a little while of playing the game would show a green screen with no text and the whole PC would just crash.

After all the issues i had with the 17.6.1 package not installing i started having this green screen issue, for now on i will only update after reading some posts of new drivers being safe after a couple weeks.

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I do not know but, for the card of Asus Radeon RX 470 Strix, if you are using APP and on OC mode , try to roll-back to normal mode(down the clock).

Since the card only with a 6 pin power connector.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That was not the issue.

And the GPU doesn't exceed more than than 120w under +25% max power limit any.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Kudos