Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doothe
Elite

Re: 17.5.1 Multi-Monitor Flicker

Jump to solution

I reset my computer, disabled hardware acceleration, opened MSI Afterburner, repeated steps in the video, and my screen is flickering right now as I type this.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

You're probably tired of getting this response, but AMD drivers and controls do not work well with third party graphics controllers. Afterburner,Trixx,Asus,MCI,etc.etc.

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite

Jump to solution

Quick, before my computer dies! I noticed HWiNfO gives off millions of GPU memory errors after I reset to default in Afterburner.

Before:

before MSI Afterburner.jpg

After:

after MSI Afterburner.jpg

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite

Jump to solution

It's exhausting... I want overclocking control back!

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll look into your suggestions later tonight.

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite

Jump to solution

Hey amdmatt ,

Quick question! I'm wondering if I should direct these concerns towards MSI or continue badgering AMD for a fix? Would MSI be capable of updating their afterburner software to fix this? Should I RMA my card? Why does Wattman's reset feature not fix the flickering?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

I'm not a overclocker so I am no use there, but savagebeastzero​ or @black_zion would have some good input. I will say that Wattman can do any overclocking. The first priority is to get it running normally before you try any overclock. There is one thing you can do...set the Power Limit to +50.

AMD graphics performance

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

You should direct it to the developer of the third party software.

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite

Jump to solution

Thanks amdmatt ,

I started a discussion about this topic over on Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum.

A mod responded quickly with this,

I guess it is not Afterburner problem as well. Hope AMD will learn to provide backward compatible overclocking API to AIB partners one day. And seriously, it was discussed A LOT of times, using simple search you'd save both you and my time.

and locked my thread.

I honestly can't find any recent threads discussing this problem but I might not be using the correct keywords.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Looks like the developer is not going to fix the issue I'm afraid.

0 Kudos