Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Szaby59
Challenger
Challenger

Re: [17.12.x] Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) graphics artifacting, ghosting

I solved the stuttering by resetting shadercache and manually removing the files from (Winkey+r, then paste it and enter): %localappdata%\AMD\DxCache

There are some files you can't remove just ignore those.

Then open Radeon Settings, Gaming tab, add starwarsbattlefrontii.exe to the list, select it and in the Graphics Profile set "Shader cache" to ON.

Launch the game, you'll have 100% cpu usage, since the game/driver is recreating the shadercache. Now just wait - this is important don't launch anything, stay on the homescreen, it can take up to a few minutes (depending on the HDD/SSD and CPU speed) but once the CPU usage dropes from the 80-100% you can start playing. After this you'll notice that some maps will have 100% cpu usage in the first 15 seconds (if you start a new game you won't even notice since the pre-match timer is 30+ seconds long), but after that the game should work fine.

Important: DON'T enable DX12, it will cause massive stutters and framedrops just like in BF1.

The graphics issues like the ghosting, corruption are still there though.

0 Kudos
pck1980
Adept I
Adept I

I'm no longer experiencing ghosting or artifacts. I updated to 18.1.1 today, but there was also an update to Battlefront 2 - not sure which of the two actually fixed it.

0 Kudos
Szaby59
Challenger
Challenger

Yep, 18.1.1 solves the ghosting and 99% of the corruption. Didn't play on every map yet, but seems good.

0 Kudos
pck1980
Adept I
Adept I

I just found out that I have heavy flickering in the first TIE fighter mission (after escaping from Endor), even with the latest driver (18.2.1). Changing HBAO settings doesn't affect this issue.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to solve it?

0 Kudos
Szaby59
Challenger
Challenger

It's not only there but in SA too. I noticed when the game nearly maxes out the VRAM then the flickering starts. Try lowering your settings - in my case resolutionscale was set to 140%, now works fine at 130%.

0 Kudos