cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yezok1
Adept II

17.12.2 wont install error code 43

I recently installed 17.12.2 drivers when prompted by AMD Radeon settings and now the driver fails to load, in device manager the rx480 displays error code 43. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) Previous version display version worked

0 Likes
9 Replies

This is not my first kick at the cat. I did do a clean install, I ran the latest version of DDU in safe mode, rebooted the computer the did custom install of the drivers less  the Bethesda Launcher and the relive B.S which I do not use, then rebooted. but the latest driver will not install, control panel gives me the error code 43 (Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)) Downloaded 17.11.4 the again ran DDU in safe mode, rebooted and installed 17.11.4 The 17.11.4 display driver works as it did before, So whats's up with the Adrenalin 17.12.2 driver?

System specs:

Athlon FX8350 NOT OVERCLOCKED

16 GB DDR3

GIGABYTE GA 990XFA UD5R5 MOTHER BOARD

XFX RX480 BLACK EDITION 8GB GRAPHIC CARD

1TC SSD 2TB STORAGE DRIVE

ASUS VP228H Monitor connected via DVI also tried HDMI cable (Makes no difference and why should it.)

0 Likes

Have you tried installing the drivers from the Device manager/'have disk' ?

0 Likes

Yes that is one of the many things I have tried, 17.11.4 although it works when i enter radeon settings wattman the display driver goes nuts and the mouse gets all jerky and it takes a long time to update the mouse movement, it seems that the last stable driver for the XFX RX480 BLACK EDITION 8 GB is that works for me is 16.10.1 which is what I have reverted to now. I have tried every driver after 16.10.1 and all seem to have bugs from display flashing on and off flashing to white screens with multi colored snow. I have tried different monitor cables and bough three new power supply's the current one is a corsair cs750m Power line is good no ripple tested with fluke true RMS multi-meter.  I bench mark and stress test this card with 16.10.1 drivers for hours using fur-mark 3dmark and unigine valley and heaven and the card does not fail or even get excessively hot 62 degrees max I am at a loss. forgot to mention I an running Window 7 64bit with all updates

0 Likes

I'm experiencing the same error code and have tried a clean install of windows three times. Why is the driver install so hit or miss after installing a fresh copy of windows 10 pro, I let the windows do all the available updates and then processed to install the latest drivers from AMD site. After doing so windows does not work correctly I get flickering and "error code 43" and the system slows down to almost a halt. Should I not be doing the windows updates? Should I be installing in safe mode? Why is a simple driver install so difficult? Can you tell me what you did to over come this?

0 Likes

windows 10 pro

rx 580 8 gb

asus prime z270-a

g4400

4gb RAM

60gb SSD

If this helps.

0 Likes

windows 10 pro

rx 580 8 gb

asus prime z270-a

g4400

4gb RAM

60gb SSD

I'm experiencing the same error code and have tried a clean install of windows three times. Why is the driver install so hit or miss after installing a fresh copy of windows 10 pro, I let the windows do all the available updates and then processed to install the latest drivers from AMD site. After doing so windows does not work correctly I get flickering and "error code 43" and the system slows down to almost a halt. Should I not be doing the windows updates? Should I be installing in safe mode? Why is a simple driver install so difficult? Can you tell me what to do to over come this?

i tried this step and the error code goes away briefly but windows is still running unbelievably slow and getting a flicker on the screen every 1  or 2 minutes and when i try to open AMD settings the screen goes black for a minute and nothing opens. The system feels like it's going to crash.  I can tell something is not right but cant figure out why this simple install is so challenging and distributing windows from functioning smoothly? I can understand if the windows has a lot of programs and things on it but a fresh install of windows should be an easy process. Please explain why i'm experiencing this problem more then once.

0 Likes

I gave up on 17.12.2v and went back to 17.11.4 I had a few issues so reverted to 17.11.1 WHQL drivers and everything seems just ducky

0 Likes
perzosek
Journeyman III

Actually its down to third party sellers putting their own bios in the cards to OVERCLOCK mainly ATI.

First you must find where you card came from, get GPU-Z and copy/paste (device id) settings: 4 x 4 numbers into your browser and search.

Then compare it with a bare bones setting of the card with the one above that will tell you it has been overclocked or not?

Because the bios of the overclocked card is third party it will only work with certain drivers so.

The fix is to flash the bios back to the factory original.

I have found over 800 people with the same problem.

Find bios here

VGA Bios Collection _ TechPowerUp

Flash software here

Download AMD_ATI ATIFlash _ TechPowerUp

Flash at your own risk.

if it fails ie bricks, use another card as primary and put bricked card in secondary and flash.

0 Likes