cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nocturne_saint
Journeyman III

17.12.2 drivers Break Call of Duty ww2 multiplayer

I have tested this out, the newest 17.12.2 drivers break the ablility to play multiplayer in cod ww2 on pc. I have tested this.With 17.12.2 drivers, when i try and connect to an mp game it gives me a "connection lost/host timed out" error. downgrading drivers fixes my issue with cod, but it breaks several of my most played games in the process.

How do i get a hold of amd so they know this is an issue? I have talked with activision support and they tell me to contact AMD, but there is no live support.

0 Likes
9 Replies

thank you. reported the issue using the form you gave me.

Made the report on the 6th. Will i get an email if they find something? I heard the adrenalin drivers killed some of the direct x 9 games. could that be why 17.12.x drivers are causing issues with cod ww2? I have my game on some of the lower settings, so it makes me wonder if it defaulted to dx9.

0 Likes

No you will not get a reply. The report form is only for reporting. I will say though, that I have no issues at all with COD WW2 with the adrenaline drivers. There is a issues with DX9 games and a hot fix driver was issued 18.1.1 > AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1 Alpha Driver download

This driver should only be installed if you are having the issues (DX9) described in the 'read me' notes.

0 Likes

it could be something with the new drivers and my apu and gpu combination. running an a10-5800k apu and a diamond R9 280x .

I have tested this, it is definatly a driver issue on my end somehow. if i roll back my drivers to 17.11.4 cod magicially works, but if i use the latest 17.12.1 - 17.12.2 drivers I instantly get the connection lost/host timed out error when trying to play mp.

i have rolled back and upgraded drivers several times to confirm this is an issue with the drivers for me. I really like amd, but the issues i have been having with drivers lately have been very frustrating.

i would rollback my drivers so i could play cod if it were that easy, but overwatch crashes like mad with the 17.11.4 drivers. so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place untill amd rolls out drivers that don't break mp for me.

0 Likes

I assume this is not a laptop?

Have you set the R9 280x as the 'primary' graphics in the bios? This will disable the integrated AMD graphics.

0 Likes

yes this is a desktop machine, and yes i have my card the R9 280x set as primary in the bios. I also have the latest windows 10 updates, and my bios is updated.

0 Likes

Did not think it would but the 18.x.x drivers Don't fix my issue. I can just hope they saw my issue when i used the report form, and roll out a fix with the next drivers. It's sad when an issue like this happens to a low amount of people, sometimes companies don't care enough to fix issues unless it hurts profit :/ I hope amd is not like that.

its also sad when I spent $60 on a game and can't even play it without rolling back to unstable drivers.

0 Likes