cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: [17.12.1] The Witcher: Enhanced Edition does not start!

Hi

I tested it on Windows 8.1 64bit OS with R9 Nano and because Windows 8.1 64bit support was dropped this year I am stuck on Crimson ReLive 17.4.4 Driver.
In that case I can launch and run The Witcher: Enhanced Edition provided I add the required Steam Launch Option ...

Bye.

0 Kudos
zipplet
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This is completely unacceptable and a dealbreaker. Many games use DX9 and newer games sometimes come out still using it. I just built a Ryzen system and moved my old 970 GTX into it rather than buying an RX580. I'm glad I didn't buy an AMD GPU. I was going to. I also was looking out for a new, power efficient AMD GPU next year.

Guess I need to suck it up and pay for more nVidia GPUs. Good bye, AMD GPU team.

0 Kudos
revelator
Adept I
Adept I

same problem here with MINI NINJAS.

crash atiumdag.dll

0 Kudos
nitro912gr
Adept I
Adept I

There was statement on another thread (https://community.amd.com/message/2839053#comment-2839053 ) that amd is not willing to spent resources for dx9 games, I made a new topic asking if that means they drop support for dx9.

AMD officailly end support for dx9 games?

Join me there, maybe we can get some answers because I really don't want to get a new card just to find out that my games are no longer working.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

There is no point in protesting.
I think you are wasting your time.
It is likely your thread will get locked.

See this: https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_s_radeon_software_adrenalin_is_causing_a_lot_of_dx9_ga...

We already have an answer there.

They are not going to fix it.

Just do what I do, and have more than one OS just to be able to run the latest AMD Drivers.
In my case i run Windows 8.1 64bit on 17.7.4 and then when I want to run the latest AMD Gaming Drivers I have to swap my OS and run Adrenalin 17.11.2 on Windows 10 64bit Fall Edition.

Swapping OS drives is a better solution than constantly uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers just to cope with what they decide to support or not, especially if you have to run DDU to do that.

Anyhow ... how inconsiderate of you to run DX9 games for goodness sake.

AMD cards run best on games using the latest Interfaces such as:

DX12 ( List of games with DirectX 12 support - Wikipedia ).

Vulkan( List of games with Vulkan support - Wikipedia )

Why would you want to play anything else?
Only joking.

Bye.

0 Kudos
nitro912gr
Adept I
Adept I

Well they can lock all the treads in the world if they want but if their cards doesn't play my games they are not gonna keep me as a customer (and mind you I'm red team since I got my first ATi 9600 and I don't really want to change, but if I'm left without a choice what can I do?)

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

I know exactly what you mean.

0 Kudos
wiak
Adept II
Adept II

find the driver that works at this link MEGA

copy the dll files into the game folder where game launcher is

and the game will magically work

these drivers are offical released or leaked previously, its also the same method amd uses internally to test games

0 Kudos
lions7
Adept II
Adept II

What...! This do not work. So, AMD don't want to fix their drivers. Typical... The Witcher don't work !

0 Kudos
killduke
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am an ATI AMD Customer from many years and If AMD will not fix this bug I will sell my R9 390 and buy a NVIDIA Card. I don't rellay want to do this but I will, to punish AMD because I am bored of Companies that do not respect customers. The Witcher series is my favorite games and it's unreasonable that with a 1500$ PC I cannot play it.

Really disappointed.

0 Kudos