cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hybridsquirrel
Adept I

17.11.1 Netflix stuttering r9 380 in multiple browsers

I recently upgraded to 17.11.1 for better Destiny 2 performance on PC, and while the game runes smooth Netflix can't run without stuttering every 2 seconds and essentially locking up my box in the mean time.  Rolling back the driver resolve the Netflix issue, so i'm pretty sure this is driver related.  I tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome and still no dice. I also tried a clean uninstall/reinstall

Also attempted:

Fresh install of silverlight

Edge, and Firefox

Different profiles in AMD Settings

Any ideas?

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

138 Replies
gefrast
Journeyman III

Re: 17.11.1 poor Netflix performance

had the same experience and rolled back too -> problem solved

0 Kudos
hybridsquirrel
Adept I

curious what version you rolled back to?  I get terrible performance in destiny if I go back to the drivers from April but willing to try something in between

0 Kudos
gefrast
Journeyman III

i rolled back to whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.2-july27 and that eliminated the stuttering, but i don't play destiny 2, so i can't say if the performance will be better with this version.

the one thing i didn't try before i rolled back was the netflix app, maybe that works with the new drivers.

0 Kudos
hybridsquirrel
Adept I

Tried it with the app - same deal

0 Kudos
owsky
Adept II

Same here. Streaming content with DRM causes the whole system to hang every couple of seconds.

R9 380 on 17.11.1

supervargen
Challenger

I hope you get a fix for this.

When it works use Edge, you can't get 1080p or above with Chrome or Firefox.

0 Kudos
hybridsquirrel
Adept I

At this point i'm 100% convinced it is the drivers. owsky​ has the same card and driver version with the same issue.  Even on multiple browsers and on the Windows 10 Netflix app.  I don't know how to send this info to AMD to fix though.  I've already lodged a bug report through the software

0 Kudos
gefrast
Journeyman III

i have a r9 380 too btw.

0 Kudos
fiducio
Journeyman III

Re: 17.11.1 Netflix stuttering r9 380 in multiple browsers

I know exactly how you feel I've tried about everything nothing worked so far, going to roll back as well to see if it fixes my issue if so then well know for sure...

0 Kudos