cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doothe
Elite

17.1.1 ignored people's 150MHz cry for help!!

http://i.imgur.com/nVMzn4x.jpg

What happened?! 17.1.1 doesn't mention anything about the 150MHz bug. I've been watching this forum for a while now, since 16.12.1, and enormous amounts of people have been coming here looking for help . Everyday multiple people come here to post about their GPU either black screening, flickering, crashing, and or experiencing an incredibly low frame rate. Dozens of topics and hundreds of replies all related to the same underlying issue. AMD please?

Crimson Relive 17.1.1 Memory Bug - YouTube

26 Replies
andreluisos
Adept III

Re: 17.1.1 ignored people's 150MHz cry for help!!

0 Kudos
gerador20
Adept II

3 updates and still no freaking fix for this  memory lock. what are you doing amd.

ill be perfectly  honest to you guys i was really really looking forward to your new amd ryzen and vega hardware coming out and was getting ready to upgrade my pc when they come out.......BUT AFTER SEEING HOW YOU TREAT YOU DRIVERS. im very close to saying  amd im going back to nvidia

Amd 390x memory locked at 150mhz .............................................................

0 Kudos
loco_moco
Adept I

It could be a conflict with another OC app such as Afterburner, which I prefer over Wattman, which is why I'm holding off on Crimson Relive Edition for now. Before Wattman, there was Overdrive which didn't affect Afterburner usage, but ever since Wattman it's been a problem.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have a HD 7870 and it does not seem to display the problems seen on the videos

wonder if the Asus cards have some problems, my card is made by Asus too, but it could be a VBIOS problem too

0 Kudos
newmeta
Journeyman III

for the last 3-4 patches ive had extreme video issues, screen flickering when i have an ASUS MG279Q, in hots, rocket league, WoW, it doesnt matter, and then when i play games like rocket league ill get extreme video stuttering and fps drops constantly in other games, i have an ASUS r9 290 DC02, been with AMD for about 5 years now, but if these patches dont clean up soon, im getting tired of having to back install to stable versions while all my nvidia friends arent suffering

0 Kudos
locodicegr
Miniboss

+1 can relate, a lot of reported problems are not even on the changelog ''issues''.

0 Kudos
gerador20
Adept II

the issue with memory clock being locked i found out is with in watt man this is what i did to get mine working i used amd unistall tool and then re installed the drivers..

do not open msi afterburn dont even touch wattman or accept the term to it or any 3rd party overclocking program

once you open any of them the memory gets locked i really hope they fix this

0 Kudos
milian
Adept I

Cant be true....Team Red obviously is back to their good old catalyst times - known for their bad display driver.

0 Kudos
riverbr
Adept III

yeah, and the low fps recording is still there. this is the only reason that prevents me to use other driver versions. I'll stick to 16.12.1

0 Kudos