Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

16.9.1 yet another fail of a driver

I just don't get it, how it is possible then a driver works fine for 2 days then next day when you power up your PC it crashes like no tomorrow.

I have uninstalled and installed again same results.

Not even 2 minutes moving windows pages around then screen corrupts and then goes black.

Back to16.7.3 i go.

Please stop telling peoples to RMA their cards, the fault is yours, accept it and fix this broken drivers.

! year of AMD and all i have done was complain in this forum.

I want just to play my games in peace thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver 16.9.1 WHQL

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

Power Supply: Corsair AX760

Graphics: ASUS Radeon R9 390 STRIX-R9390-DC3OC

0 Kudos
23 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: 16.9.1 yet another fail of a driver

If the problem were the drivers, then everyone with the R9 390 would experience these issues.

xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

The thing that i can go back to 16.7.3 and don't have these issues tells me is the drivers.

0 Kudos
waltc
Miniboss
Miniboss

Drivers are fine...it's the users who need fixing...;)

xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

16.7.3 fixed me, 16.9.1 did not. =]

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Quite possibly Windows 10 Updates that were pushed to your system broke something ?

0 Kudos
boiratv
Adept I
Adept I

Feel ya bro. Now i downgraded from 1.6.9.1 to 1.9.7.3 And my pc is still crashing while playing the crew without v-sync my pc is still doing a full reboot.

0 Kudos
jakslap
Challenger
Challenger

i totally agree! the forums threads speak the truth, its full of users experiencing the same crap, black screen, crashing and reboots

waltc

black_zion​ Then why are the forums full of complaints, i have a R9 390x and not experiencing issues, doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the drivers, maybe its based on individual PC configurations.

All i know is i am not having issues with 16.9.1, but had tons of issues with the drivers before that, now i am not going to update my drivers unless a game won't run because of it or its gonna have a 10% percent FPS boost in Battlefield 1, which is not likely.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

So because fewer than 1% of people have a problem it's a problem with the drivers?

qwixt
Forerunner
Forerunner

I had a 290 when they first came out and it took 3 returns to get a card that would not bsod watching youtube vids. NVidia is no better than AMD. You are swapping one set of problems for another set. You should look at their forums some time. Their latest card 1080 has DPC issues that did not exist in the 980 series, which causes stuttering while getting high fps. That's been going on since the release of the 1080.

Both manufacturer's forums are filled with people that do not know what they are doing, or have faulty setups or hardware. Lots of time people don't accept that their hardware is going bad and take the steps to troubleshoot it. That's not to say that there are not problems in drivers, just that people are quick to pass the blame. For instance, I owned an acer X34 ultrawide monitor (overpriced pile junk i might add), and the only way I could get lower resolutions to go fullscreen was to create custom resolutions. I later found out when another ultrawide monitor (LG) worked fine, that it was the junk acer monitor that had the issue. If these forums would allow more colorful language for describing this acer turdtacular monitor, i would use it.