cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thwomp
Adept III

16.9.1 Mantle is not available in any game - crossfire 380x

I can't select Mantle in BF4 or BFH, the graphics API option is missing. I've read a post from a 295x2 user who is having the same problem, so I think this could be crossfire related.

Anybody else seeing this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
thwomp
Adept III

Re: 16.9.1 Mantle is not available in any game - crossfire 380x

After reading more replies in the reddit thread, this definitely seems to be an issue where the Mantle driver isn't installing on crossfire systems.

0 Kudos
tagaxxl
Journeyman III

I have r9 295x2 and with this update(16.9.1) in 3d mark api overhead test i cant test mantle.

0 Kudos
fujiyama-95
Elite

Yeah definitely an Crossfire problem, running R9 380 here and Mantle is available for me and no more crashing just cpu stuttering/hitching fps drops randomly.

0 Kudos
fujiyama-95
Elite

sorry if this sounds stupid but have you tried unplugged one 380x from the motherboard and seeing if it works? That way you can either say it's a crossfire or 380x specific issue.

0 Kudos
thwomp
Adept III

No need to, enough people have replied to this reddit thread to show it's definitely a crossfire issue. Everybody with 1 card can run mantle, everybody with 2 can't:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/51v1d6/did_anybody_else_completely_lose_mantle_with_1691/

thwomp
Adept III

Ok, I have some important info for the driver team: using the 16.9.1 mantle DLLs in the game directory while using the 16.8.3 driver gives FLAWLESS crossfire performance in BF4 and BFH.

I'm talking working triple buffering (which previously hadn't worked since april of 2015) and gorgeous frame pacing, no need to modify the user.cfg. This is especially notable since I was never able to get BFH working well with crossfire in Mantle under any driver (major stuttering or crashing), nor in DX11 (frequent stuttering). Now it works just as well as BF4 in mantle mode.

So this is pretty huge, if 16.9.1 actually installed Mantle on crossfire setups then we'd be good to go.