cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

[16.8.2] Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[ID 4101]

Jump to solution

Looks like the drivers for win 10 anniversary update need more work.

Today out of nowhere i got multiple screen corruption, and then black screen with no signal while simply surfing the web with firefox.

Hardware acceleration is disabled.

Driver 16.8.2

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

Power Supply: Corsair AX760

Graphics: ASUS Radeon R9 390 STRIX-R9390-DC3OC

Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2312HM {Connected On DVI]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

Re: [16.8.2] Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[ID 4101]

Jump to solution

Moved to 16.8.3 like day and night, much more stable finally.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
chummy
Adept II
Adept II

Re: [16.8.2] Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[ID 4101]

Jump to solution

Before Windows Anniversary Update never happened? Which driver you used before?

0 Kudos
xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

Well, before i was getting black screen in Windows Photo Viewer, on the 16.8.1.

Now that's fixed with 16.8.2 but, there are still random black screens, like this out of nowhere.

0 Kudos
chummy
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Look at C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG and check if there is recent dump files created which match the black screen times. Use bluescreenview to open the dump files if there is any.

You already tried RMA'ed the card?

0 Kudos
xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

There is zero chance of hardware fault in all this, i have tested all my components in a different PC and all work fine.

Is a driver issue, this thing started to happen after the WIN 10 anniversary update.

0 Kudos
chummy
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

You dont say if there was dump files in the specified location. For me Firefox has often black screen crashes. I moved to Chrome and now black screen are more rare, take 5 days to first happen in last saturday, since then not another yet. With Firefox it happen every 10-48 hours.

If your black screens are only in Firefox now like you stated in topic try moving to another browser to test if it improve, fix or stay same.

0 Kudos
xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

There is no dump file to be found at that specif path.

It has zero thing to do with the browser, just tested last night with Microsoft Edge.

0 Kudos
icystorm
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue as OP on 16.8.2 as well as 16.8.1, 16.7.3, and 16.7.2 with the Anniversary Update. No blue screen or anything, just a freezing (or screen corruption) on my primary monitor with sometimes temporary control on my secondary monitor. Then I'm forced to reboot. Happens at any time, whether in a game or not. I did have black screen issues in the past but they were seemingly fixed (for quite a long time now) after I flashed a new BIOS for the card until the Anniversary Update. In C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG, I actually do have multiple .dmp files from these crashes. For my most recent crash today, there were three, just minutes apart (10:57am, 10:58am, 10:59am). Analyzing the first one in BlueScreenView highlights atikmpag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, and dxgmms2.sys. The second and third crashes highlights those two and also ntoskrnl.exe.

problems.png

My Event Viewer (Windows Logs\System) is pretty much filled with this between the issue occurring and a reboot:

mmc_2016-08-24_21-32-04.png

Windows 10 Anniversary Update (with the latest cumulative updates installed too as of 2016-08-24)

2500K @ 4.4 GHz

16GB (2x8GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 CL10

MSI P67A-C43 (B3)

XFX 280X DD Black (1080/1550, stock for this card)

Acer P235h (1920x1080) connected via miniDP to DVI

Acer x203w (1680x1050) connected via DVI to VGA

0 Kudos
nik05
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I got the same problem since the Anniversary Update.

I have upgraded the driver multiple times but all of them failed to fix it.

0 Kudos
xboxshqip
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

At last i am not alone, please AMD, help us out here.