cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mwright
Adept I

Re: 15.7: DXVA hardware accelerated video playback not working anymore

I have been having the same issues and have been actively shopping for Nvidia based hardware that performs like my dual r9 270's for gaming. Turns out the GTX 970 is the one that will work best for me. This is of course provided AMD gives me no solution to the issue, which by reading this, it looks like that wont happen.

Its a shame. Time to unload my crimson pile on someone else and get myself some green hats.

0 Kudos
mwright
Adept I

At least your system isnt crashing or going black screen with audio playing.

0 Kudos
mwright
Adept I

I am currently trying the latest crimson drivers and then also trying the 15.2 version of kodi that supports directx11... Seeing if this works. Latest crimson drivers result in either a crash or audio with no video then a crash later with full system lockup. Rolling back to 15.7.1 for me actually allows everything to work, but then I lose support and fixes for the games I play.

Hopefully this directx11 version of kodi works. Someone else reported this as being a fix for them.

0 Kudos
nticompass
Journeyman III

DXVA worked fine for me until the most recent Windows 10 update (1511).  I think Windows may've broke something.  I'm using the latest (Legacy​) 16.1 drivers and I still have no DXVA This is making me upset as the only reason I bought an AMD GPU (R5 230) was for DXVA playback.

0 Kudos
mwright
Adept I

If you are experiencing DVXA playback issues with windows 10 and xbmc

(KODI) downloading and installing the beta version that supports direct x

Also download and install the latest beta drivers from AMD. This may

resolve your issues.

No guarantees but it solved my issues with xbmc (KODI).

0 Kudos
nelissuh
Journeyman III

8 Months later.

Installed latest Catalyst drivers: Still crash with DXVA2 swiched on.

Installed latest Crymson drivers: DXVA2 issues solved, but: the majority of Video settings is gone. I can't set f.i. Dynamic range to full, resulting in grey washed out images.

So, returning back to 15.6 Beta drivers.

Very dissatisfied with AMD driver maintenance 😞

0 Kudos