cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

psycho_asylum
Journeyman III

Re: 15.7: DXVA hardware accelerated video playback not working anymore

Yes, just double click the 15.5 or 15.6 setup file and it should extract to C:\AMD, just cancel the install afterwards. Go into Device Manager, select your graphics card under Display Adapters, and "update" the driver to the previous one.

For example, I used 15.5 which was located here after extraction: C:\AMD\AMD-Catalyst-15.5Beta-64Bit-Win8.1-May27\Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF\

0 Kudos
technopeasant
Journeyman III

Can anyone confirm that all of the various video acceleration formats are

fixed and supported in the 15.7.1 driver for Windows 10?

I want to confirm this before I upgrade.

0 Kudos
psycho_asylum
Journeyman III

It is not fixed in 15.7.1.

0 Kudos
donmiguel85
Adept I

I have a ThinkPad Edge E135 with an E2-1800 APU and yes, 15.7 and 15.7.1 borked its video playback. Most files refuse to play or just show a black screen on Windows Media Player, VLC or MPC-HC. Rolling back to a previous driver makes it work again.

Has anyone from AMD even acknowledged this issue yet?

0 Kudos
joopnl
Journeyman III

No, as far as I am aware not a single response so far... Looking at the replies here I think the issue is pretty wide spread, but I think the large majority of people don't understand all the technical terms like DXVA, and will never get to a forum like this.

I've used the issue Reporting Form but that says: "This form is intended to gather the problem description and system information so that reported issues can be addressed in future driver releases. This form is NOT to solicit support inquiries".

So that seems to be kind of a black hole. This issue isn't mentioned in the 5.7.1 fixes or known issues, so either they're not aware, or not giving it attention. I haven't tried the Email Form yet. Perhaps one of you can give that a shot. I have, since posting this topic, replaced my motherboard and CPU so I'm no longer affected. The replacement wasn't just because of this issue, but this did push me over the edge. (An no, I didn't get another AMD part...)

0 Kudos
donmiguel85
Adept I

Yeah, AMD really should fix this ASAP since I'm sure a lot of Brazos/Zacate systems have upgraded to Windows 10... And this is the driver that gets forced through Windows Update, so it's gonna cause them and us users a lot of headaches.

0 Kudos
legendsphinx
Adept II

I think thats the Problem somehow they complete Ignored the Brazos/Zacate Support wich is not ok. Cause my System is Running like a charm except of the Video Acceleration,And Errors and and and...

0 Kudos
hd6320
Adept II

0 Kudos
dominikd100
Journeyman III

I can confirm, that drivers 15.8 beta work on Windows 7 x64 (i.e. DXVA acceleration works)

0 Kudos
potnoodles
Journeyman III

15.8 beta doesn't update display driver for  Windows 10,(although it does in win 7), just the software  and hdmi audio driver gets updated.

Tried manually installing the .inf(s)  from the C:/AMD display folder but none of those are compatible with the 10 operating system

0 Kudos