cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

manaberry
Adept I

12.1 & 12.2 drivers cause serious mouse freeze and app crashes

I’m a music composer and I just got a RX5700. Since it’s installed, stability has been a serious matter.

I’m working on a PC, Windows Pro 1903, with 128GB of RAM and a 6800K, connected to 2 WQHD displays and a main 4K display. I’m using Cubase 10.5 Pro.

When using 19.12.1 drivers, audio seems worst (pops and cracks) and the input devices got some serious random latency (cursor freezes for instance.)

When using 19.12.2 drivers, input latency is fixed but the drivers make Cubase crashed randomly.

I’m just one guy in this ocean of gamers, but I must have the same support. I would really like to get in touch with someone from AMD to figure out why. Some dedicated drivers for audio workstations would be nice.
We need a lot of displays to work fast. I’ve bought AMD for kernel latency purposes. I’m already regretting this.

UPDATE: 19.12.2 cause also mouse freezes

6 Replies
manaberry
Adept I

I just tried the 19.12.3.

Same as the previous driver. Cubase crashed.
Please, fix this.

belo
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have similar issues. 

Cubase 10.5 crashes after 20-60 minutes without notice. I have no graphical glitches that i know of since i sit behind electronic drums that i play, Cubase just closes without warning.

Before installing MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X, i had Vega 56. That setup was crash-free in approximately 1,5 years. Using Cubase for low-latency recording that puts a lot of stress on CPU.

I have done no GPU overclock. Tested both 19.12.2. and 19.12.3.

I updated ASUS motherboard BIOS to latest, same issue. 

What else can i try?

Are there any settings i could try?

Thanks

Benjamin

0 Likes
jakefin
Journeyman III

Hello, I have the same problem but I'm using Cubase 10.0.40 Elements. I have tried almost everything and I'm thinking of changing the Gpu to other make. Have you found a solution yet? New drivers didn't help... 

0 Likes

Hi Jake!

I've sent back my 5700 for refund. I purchased a 1650 SUPER and you know what? no more problems on Cubase: plugins stopped crashing, my Apollo x6 does not have crackles and pops like before. All is smooth and running well.

0 Likes

Hi Manaberry,

Thanks for your reply! Were you able to get refund as a warranty? 

0 Likes

I got a full refund from the dealer. The card was brand new and used for a few days only, so everything was easier.

The issue appeared as soon as I installed the card, and no support from AMD so I dodged.

Good luck!

0 Likes