cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doomcreeper
Adept III

10 bits on C49RG90SSI monitor does not turn on

Why can not I enable 10 in software amd. I select 10 bits, the screen goes blank for a second, turns on again, but 10 are not applied.

Снимок экрана (221).pngСнимок экрана (220).png

monitor - Samsung C49RG90SSI 

gpu - Vega 64

driver - Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.1

os - windows 10 \ 1909

0 Likes
1 Solution
seto
Adept II

You need to go into the monitor settings. Make sure the monitor refresh rate is set to 100 Hz. If its set to 120 Hz, it can't do 10 bit color depth. So not the Radeon settings, the actual monitor using the joystick interface on the bottom right of the monitor bezel. Its 12 inches from the right .

View solution in original post

4 Replies
seto
Adept II

You need to go into the monitor settings. Make sure the monitor refresh rate is set to 100 Hz. If its set to 120 Hz, it can't do 10 bit color depth. So not the Radeon settings, the actual monitor using the joystick interface on the bottom right of the monitor bezel. Its 12 inches from the right .

Where does this information come from? I re-read the user manual for the monitor, there is nothing like that there. Thanks.

0 Likes
amdfreak01
Adept III

Monitors can only run at resolutions within our bandwidth connection. Either HDMI or DisplayPort can only display certain resolutions at certain frequencies and certain bit depths. Most of the time, it will never be true 10 bits because most monitors use dithering with 6 or 8 bit depths. If its not selecting it its because the monitor wont support the mode or the bandwidth is too limited.

0 Likes
seto
Adept II

Experimentation. I have the same monitor. 

You can only change refresh rate when freesync is disabled on the monitor. So you need to change the refresh rate first, then save the settings, then change the monitor to enable freesync. If freesync is already enabled, you need to turn it off before you can change the refresh rate.

0 Likes