cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jra1982
Newcomer

Hello All,

Quick question about AMD Chipset driver.

Running Asus Crosshair VII Hero x470 motherboard with an r9-3900x and was wanting to confirm my chipset was up to date. Was looking for information on how to check for my driver version and all I can ever find is going to device manger and looking at the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers portion.

Going there I was expecting to to see some reference to AMD SATA but found "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" version 10.0.18362.693 instead. I did find the AMD Chipset driver installed in the "Add or Remove Programs" page. But cannot find the chipset referenced in Device Manager or anywhere else.

When I do a search for the version 10.0.18362.693 all I find is reference to Intel cpu's. I tried uninstalling through Device Manger and reinstalling the most updated AMD chipset driver but it still shows that Standard SATA AHCI Controller. Am I doing something wrong?

I am assuming I will need to do a clean install but figured I would post here first.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Reply

AMD uses Windows native SATA AHCI Controller. The last AMD SATA Controller was from 2015 and not used anymore.

The version 10.0.18362.693 is your Windows version. Each time you upgrade Windows, the SATA AHCI version changes also to same Windows upgrade version.  Ignore the 1962 year. You SATA is the latest according to your Windows version you have installed.