cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

8-fingered
Adept III

Re: 0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with shadows enabled in Shadow of the Tomb Raider DX12 multi-gpu

Jump to solution

Still broke in 19.7.4, again, no mention of the problem in the release notes as even a known issue. Also, it seems older hardware has the same issue with drivers newer than 18.8.1 or 18.9.1.

Please open a ticket and file a report against the drivers.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Re: 0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with shadows enabled in Shadow of the Tomb Raider DX12 multi-gpu

Jump to solution

Still broke in 19.7.4, again, no mention of the problem in the release notes as even a known issue. Please open a ticket and file a report against the drivers.

0 Likes
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Jump to solution

Try disabling crossfire...then run the game in DX12. Does it still crash?

0 Likes
overlordi
Adept I

Jump to solution

Game runs without issues on a single card.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

Disabling crossfire will disable whatever magic the driver is doing to pair the cards up for DX12 mGPU...so it will work, but only because it's using one card and that has always worked. I don't like that workaround any better than the 'play with shadows off' option, the whole point of having a 144fps capable monitor is driving it as close to 144fps as you can, and even at 1440p (with max settings), there is no single card that can get the job done.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

Still broke in 19.8.1.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

What driver version is your dual 290x setup using?

0 Likes
overlordi
Adept I

Jump to solution

Its been since earlier this year before I sold of my 290x setup, so it would have been 19.2 or 19.3

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

Have a report that nothing later than 18.9.1 was working a dual 290x setup.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

Still broke in 19.8.2.

0 Likes