cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

8-fingered
Adept III

Re: 0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with shadows enabled in Shadow of the Tomb Raider DX12 multi-gpu

Jump to solution

19.4.3 drivers don't help either. Still crashes.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Re: 0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with shadows enabled in Shadow of the Tomb Raider DX12 multi-gpu

Jump to solution

Still broken with patch to SOTTR build 292. More reports of others with this problem:

DXGI Error .Device Hung only on CROSSFIRE 2x Radeon VII :: Shadow of the Tomb Raider General Discuss... 

I think Nvidia issued another driver hotfix to deal with broken mGPU with the last couple game builds. AMD? Help us out?

0 Likes
lucaz44
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi, I've had the same error "DXGI Error" multiple times in Anthem with 19.4.3. Hope they will solve it.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

So Nixxes is now saying action is needed from AMD to get this fixed:

0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with Shadow Quality set to anything other than 'Off' :: Shadow of ... 

Everybody with this problem please open a ticket:

Online Service Request | AMD 

...and file a report against the drivers:

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

overlordi
Adept I

Jump to solution

Opened a ticket

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

Same here, also filed new report against the drivers, made sure to include the link to the Nixxes statement and quoted it.

Any AMD folks out there reading this that can help get this info to the driver maintainers and help get them in contact with the Nixxes devs?

0 Likes
overlordi
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same issue  with 19.5.1.  I have a ticket opened with AMD and provided video of the issue as well as lots of system info.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

Reportedly escalated to the driver team.

0 Likes
overlordi
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same here.  Crossing my fingers

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Jump to solution

Got a new monitor in, was wanting to test frame rates, so I set Shadow Quality to 'Off', but now the benchmark exits (or silently crashes) to desktop when it finishes instead of showing a summary screen with the results. Found this in the log file:

17:51:57:588 (00008788) > [Crash] Unhandled exception at address 0x000000004c19cb44 (code: 0xc0000005): "Access violation"

Seems to be an issue with build 292:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/1680315447988879470/?ctp=8

0 Likes