cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

8-fingered
Adept III

0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with shadows enabled in Shadow of the Tomb Raider DX12 multi-gpu

Having solved my previous Shadow of the Tomb Raider problem, I upgraded to a multi-gpu setup to drive a 1440p/144hz display.

Unfortunately it seems that I have to set Shadow Quality to 'Off' to avoid the game crashing to the desktop with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG when I try to continue the game or run the benchmark via Option -> Display and Graphics (though it does seem to occasionally work).

I went ahead and moved up to Windows 10 build 1809. I did uninstall the recent KB44282887 due to reports of degraded performance.

System:

i7-4790K 4GHZ

16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4, purchased as a kit)

Asus Z97 Pro WiFi ac Motherboard (Bios 5303)

2x PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56

Samsung C27HG70 at 1440p

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 watt Power Supply

Windows 10 build 1809

I'm on a clean install of Adrenalin 19.3.1.

0 Likes
1 Solution
8-fingered
Adept III

So it turns out this is just a problem the developer didn't want to fix and the drivers are innocent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
52 Replies
8-fingered
Adept III

19.6.3 is out, again, no mention of the SOTTR Vega mGPU problem in the release notes as even a known issue......and it's still not working. Everybody please once again report the issue against 19.6.3..

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

19.7.1 and 19.7.2 have come out, again, no mention of the SOTTR Vega mGPU problem in the release notes as even a known issue......and it's still not working. Everybody please once again report the issue against 19.7.1 and 19.7.2:

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.7.3, again, no mention of the SOTTR Vega mGPU problem in the release notes as even a known issue. Also, it seems Navi has the same problem.

Please open a ticket and file a report against the drivers.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.7.4, again, no mention of the problem in the release notes as even a known issue. Also, it seems older hardware has the same issue with drivers newer than 18.8.1 or 18.9.1.

Please open a ticket and file a report against the drivers.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.7.4, again, no mention of the problem in the release notes as even a known issue. Please open a ticket and file a report against the drivers.

0 Likes

Try disabling crossfire...then run the game in DX12. Does it still crash?

0 Likes

Game runs without issues on a single card.

0 Likes

Disabling crossfire will disable whatever magic the driver is doing to pair the cards up for DX12 mGPU...so it will work, but only because it's using one card and that has always worked. I don't like that workaround any better than the 'play with shadows off' option, the whole point of having a 144fps capable monitor is driving it as close to 144fps as you can, and even at 1440p (with max settings), there is no single card that can get the job done.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.8.1.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.8.2.

0 Likes
skinner
Adept III

It's so dissapointing they wont act. Also dropping CF (dx9-11) is a big los.
THe RVII shines in very high res. (5K) and CF should give allmost 2080TI SLI perf. in that res.
Iám getting a second RVII to test and was excited about SOTB, but this i a cold shower

0 Likes

Yep, I gave up on them ever fixing it.  I eventually sold my dual Vega 64s and picked up a single VII.  The future is not multi-GPU at this point.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

So it turns out this is just a problem the developer didn't want to fix and the drivers are innocent.

0 Likes