cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

kmtompkins
Journeyman III

Windows BSOD, Unpredictable

I am looking to file a RMA on my cpu, but with that part of the website being down I will post the issues here in the mean time.

System:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X

MSI MEG Z670E ACE

G.Skill Trident Z5 (F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5K) 128gb

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 24GB

I have been chasing the issues around in circle and have tried every debugging trick i can think of.

At first I was able to get the system to post but when i would try installing windows it would blue screen or freeze. The crash or freeze didnt ever seem to be at the same time.

Here are some of the error messages i recieved:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Here are some of the things that i have tried, or at least the ones i can remember right now. 

I have updated the bios

I have downgraded the bios

Switched M.2 slot

I ran a single pass with memtest on each dim individually, each in slot A2. They all passed.

I ran a single pass with memtest on 2 dims in slot A2 and B2. This passed.

I then loaded in 4 dims and got error "0d" on the motherboard with no post.

I reseated the cpu.

I was then able to get a post with 2 dims but not 4.

I was able to get windows installed with only 2 dims.

I then tired to add the other 2 dims again and got no post with error "0d" on the motherboard.

I updated back to the newest bios.

I also went back to the 2 dims and was able to boot into windows but I keep getting blue screened. I dont usually make it past the login screen before it crashes.

Between all tests I would reset CMOS, however sometimes I would do that and get a post but then on the next boot I would get no post with error "0d". These instances were with no Windows installed and no change between boots.

0 Likes
0 Replies