why AMD doesn't secure sales to counter bots? :(

why AMD doesn't secure sales to counter bots? 😞

11 Replies
matusalem
Adept II

Very very nice question dude

Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted something about, but a moderator put my post under moderation within a couple of minutes!

The TLDR, there are no bots issues, ask mods to restore the post explaining why!

Very sad AMD, very sad!

Edit: AND common AMD, fulfill the orders correctly, especially when your customers had their money already taken.
I'm seeing countless reports of users having ordered, money taken, but the order is left out in the blue.
This is a new low for AMD, i didn't expected much, but AMD is blowing out even my infinite imagination here.

wimpzilla I keep your message it's very interesting

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oufouf84 wrote:

wimpzilla I keep your message it's very interesting

The real message was a detailed analysis of the situation.
And however dunno if my posts will stay on the forum.
I mailed the AMD member support to get all my data removed from the AMD site.

I'm too old for this stuff, i'm out, i will let new users take care of the rest.
I come from an era where Apple was a decent company, were you could upgrade your own computer.
I come from an era where reviewers were knowledgeable industry workers!

This time is now over, companies evolve, my time as enthusiast as come to an end too.
Will come back playing with old stuff happily!

0/

Wow dude... you are ancient.

dadyal
Adept II

reason:  they pay money faster than you will 

0 Likes
korinogaro
Adept III

In free market economy perception of your brand is at least worth as much as the product you sell. And AMD is doing nothing to make their situation better. Right now average joe, that is a vast MAJORITY of the parts buying market, that decided to do some research because he/she wants to buy a PC/upgrade PC sees that AMD has no DLSS answer, has subpar RT performance, gives you more RAM but games are not using it now, rasterized performance in 4K is worse then 3080's and even though their MSRP is lower than 3080 you can't get a GPU ANYWHERE close to MSRP while NVidia has, 2-3 times a week some cards in stock close to MSRP. As nVidia with their greed trying to force TSMC to sell their wafers for lower price shot themselves in the foot, AMD decided to do one better and added one bullet more, and shot themselves not only in foot but also directly in their temple.

0 Likes
noko
Adept III

What do you mean by secure sells? Pre-order, take payment and then restrict another order with same address - credit card - name etc?

When will the launch window be open for the 6900XT? Cannot seem to find this, rather not waste hours not knowing that window. Edit: looks like 9:00am eastern time.

0 Likes

Hours will give nothing to be honest. I don't think AMD released product at declared time in last couple of weeks. It is always around that time. BTW. I guess he means like limit number of GPUs bought with the same card/paypal address/physical address

0 Likes
dadyal
Adept II

AMD does not even sell their GPU like nVidia do i am not sure why there is long arse post here and people keep commenting on it over and over , AMD refrance gpus are also sold by AIBs via their own channels who then pass it on to retailers of their own choice and it's up to retailers to sell them whom they want to so please go on retailers website and ask them not to sell it to bots

0 Likes
Sprinkman
Journeyman III

AMD has forced my hand. I'm an investor. I have AMD stock. This literally means nothing to them.

For as long as I remember I have purchased AMD CPUs. This will no longer be the case. I will now be migrating over to Intel. This will also include graphics cards. The so called, "more bang for your buck", just lost a valued customer. This doesn't just include me, my family and friends, it also includes ALL of my clientele. I will no longer sponsor AMD product. 

This situation that AMD has put us in will also be explained in my Facebook channel and Instagram. 

0 Likes