cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

feverstriker
Challenger

What part of your PC will you be upgrading next?

Jump to solution

The title says it all, my fellow #amdredteam​ and #amdrtp​ members!!! Which part of your PC is in need of a desperate upgrade?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
th3_g33k3d
Adept II

Re: What part of your PC will you be upgrading next?

Jump to solution
14 Replies
teckem
Challenger

Jump to solution

For this year my resolution was to upgrade my graphics card, till today I'm still struggling XD(.  After that probably I'll buy a 480GB SSD.

jamesc359
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I'd love to say a video card, but reality dictates that my next upgrade will most likely be a new hard drives for storage. I'm currently using an old 500GB Seagate drive that I bought second hand. I've always had good luck with hard drives, this one included (knock on wood), however I still make regular backups of all my important data.

william
Challenger

Jump to solution

Well, in my case it's the whole machine. But most likely I'll upgrade CPU or GPU next.

th3_g33k3d
Adept II

Jump to solution
iamthesaga
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I would like a new monitor to display the awesome visuals I can now produce.  My 9 year old non HD monitor needs an upgrade.  Other than that, PC wise I would like a new AiO cooler for the CPU to help with future overclocking.

johnnyenglish
Adept II

Jump to solution

I got surprised with the Rx 480 price tag, probably i'll get one to retire my Radeon 4870.

0 Likes
william
Challenger

Jump to solution

Another monitor would be nice, indeed. It was such amazing experience when I upgraded to 27" and I would never go back. In fact I am toying with thought about buying 2 more. The screen space would be awesome, as a web programmer I could easy use all of it. As a bonus it would be awesome to play some racing game on setup like that. But that won't happen so soon for multiple reasons.

My old HD4670 GPU would probably blow up so whole system upgrade would be needed first. Than there is problem of fitting all of that on my desk so I would probably have to pick a new desk as well. And than there is the major problem and that is finding some spare cash to invest in something like that. But I think that sooner or later it will come.

Anyway iamthesaga I can only recommend better monitor it's one of the best investments you could make when upgrading your PC.

iamthesaga
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I agree.  I am also on limited "desk" space (old kitchen table).  That's why I am thinking a 24" would be good so.  2 would be nice.  I will keep my existing 20" for productivity reasons and or possible future streaming.  Who knows.  Just a big up front cost.

0 Likes
feverstriker
Challenger

Jump to solution

Or you could also go with VR instead of all those monitors.
SPACE - future of work - YouTube

0 Likes