cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Yaright
Adept II

What are the rumors regarding a drop this Thursday or Friday?

For months the drop was on Thursday, then AMD missed this past one and dropped on Friday.

Was it to confuse the bots, did someone forget to push the button?

I have made it to the submit order area more times than I wan to admit, I do hope the captcha helps those of us that would like to get out hands on a 6800XT or 6900XT since this is the only place that has reasonable prices and quick shipping.

AMD you out there, drop us a note, we are listening.

96 Replies
osasa
Adept II

I've been trying to purchase 6800xt since the release but never had the chance to succeed. 

AMD please find a way for us as old valid users to buy one. For example send valid old accounts a link of purchase to our email as a start. 

😍

ajracer14
Adept I

I hope they can figure something out to help. Been trying and trying. 

It would be sooooo nice to score one, I just checked ebay and plenty of Reference AMD 6800XT for $1500 and up lol.

0 Likes

they put some rules to avoid scalpers ordering more, hopefuly, it will work for us

acguarnica
Adept II

You won't find me licking their boots. They only care about scalpers and how much of a kickback they can get from them.  It's obvious, as anyone who tries to get in before scalpers gets access denied.

Yaright
Adept II

Well it looks like they did a Wed drop, wonder if this is the drop of the week or something else.

This is getting sadder and sadder.

AMD, how about a little heads up, lead time etc.....

This is a Red Team area, where b they.

0 Likes

Well I got lucky so far scored the 6700XT today, hopefully get a shipping notification soon, I know its the lowest card they sell but man it is a huge upgrade from a GTX 1080 really happy if it does all work out and my order isn't cancelled.

Congrads on your GPU.

I want the be able to say the same thing while sitting with my 6800XT or 6900XT and talking about the old days when I couldn't get a card.

I can dream 😞

Thank you, the most important thing is to never stop trying. I would get up at 1, 2, 4AM in the morning trying to get a card and kept loosing out to the bots. Eventually you should be able to get one. For what its worth I would go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfyJ5XBchoQ and check for the rumored drop date of amd's site, then try and refresh before the suspected drop but don't refresh like a madman or AMD's site will temporary block your computer from accessing it, just once maybe every 10-15 seconds and it wont block your browser and hopefully you can add to cart. I checked out with paypal so I think that is much quicker then manually typing in your credit card info unless you have it auto complete. Also I really wanted the 6800xt or 6900xt but they are in higher demand so going with the 6800 or 6700xt you might have better luck, in my case the 6700xt is a huge step up from a GTX1080 in terms of benchmarks and features and I will report back here on how it does once i get it.

Good luck with the hunt.

I have watch that and other streams, but have yet to capture the elusive card I seek.

0 Likes

They should make a signup request to be in line to get at least one, the bots get them before a human can even notice inventory dropped without getting banned for refreshing the page too much. or you add it to your cart and complete the captcha but get an error about you need to complete the captcha 😠 

It's sad that we all have to go through this to buy a card. Surely in this day and age the process of weeding out bots could be achieved if any particular retailer cared enough to do so.  I really think AMD could do better.

I know we all have said it but I'm venting here... sorry!

Looks like 6700XT and 6800 cards this week, no love for 6800XT or 6900XT so sad😭

0 Likes

@Yaright wrote:

Looks like 6700XT and 6800 cards this week, no love for 6800XT or 6900XT so sad😭

Well they are out of stock so... just kidding.

Has the drop already happened for this week?

0 Likes

Yep,

and the drop is gone

It seems as if AMD removed whatever safeguards they had against bots, or they made the site update out of stock faster 

0 Likes

I think AMD's supply is getting smaller and smaller with each new week.

I'm disappointed. 

They really screwed the pooch by putting consoles on the same 7nm die as their premium PC components.  

0 Likes

"They really screwed the pooch by putting consoles on the same 7nm die as their premium PC components."

You do realize that the Consoles and the current gen Hardware was developed about 5 years ago, way before COVID even existed. You can't just take a CPU/GPU and produce it at a different manufacturing node when the design is completed, only exception being Improvements on the Node the Product was designed on, for example 7nm EUV instead of 7nm. But even that doesn't always work.

It ain't AMD's, NVIDIA's, TSMC's or any other Companys fault, how were they supposed to know COVID would happen years in advance and demand for PC Components would skyrocket.

0 Likes

5 years ago was 2016, AMD didn't even have Ryzen out yet and were still at 28nm FX.

The Buck has to stop somewhere and they should have planned to not have consoles on the same die size as premium priced PCs components. 

0 Likes

"5 years ago was 2016, AMD didn't even have Ryzen out yet and were still at 28nm FX.

The Buck has to stop somewhere and they should have planned to not have consoles on the same die size as premium priced PCs components. "

You cannot just do magic and come up with a completely new Architectural Design, R&D for Hardware these Days can take up to 7 Years depending on the Product. Ryzen Arch research & developement started years before it was released, so did RDNA and Consoles.

also as i said, you cannot just put finalized Hardware on a totally different Manufacturing Node, also there wasn't much of a choice, RDNA was basically designed for Consoles and ported to PC, thus its basically identical and REQUIRES the same Manufacturing Node.

TSMC 7nm was one of the only choices when it comes to a good balance of Power Consumption, Manufacturing Cost per Wafer, Yields per Wafer and Mass Availability. If they could've and would have gone 5nm, which very likely wasn't even in "beta phase" back when they started working on that stuff, yields would've been much worse and you'd be ending up paying about 30% more for your Console/Hardware and the Performance for the Node now is also not quite where the mature 7nm Process Node is now.

Sure it would've been quieter and more power efficient but more expensive and very likely slower.

0 Likes

I'm not saying AMD has to do magic tricks for them to come up with ways to make chips for consoles not eat into their CPU and graphic market, but it's not like that did not any options available for them for them with close ties to Global Foundries.  The way they went about with everything on 7nm TSMC has impacted every aspect of their product line and it seem inexcusable for a large multinational corporation to have put all their product commitments and markets to rely on a single silicon fab in Taiwan.

I don't think AMD should have put consoles on the same die size as their premium PC market.  If 7nm was the next available die choice then that should have been prioritized to PC.  They should have built consoles on 12nm. 

0 Likes

So, but how do you all do it? Just sit there, f5, and hope for the buy button?

Or just go to ebay and hope for the best?

Its only my third week trying ^^  Seems like I give up easily, haha.

0 Likes

We have Wednesday..

Drop is thursday

@Kegyetlen75 wrote:

We have Wednesday..

Drop is thursday

Yes  - I am aware 😁

just..you know getting ready, and wondered.

0 Likes

5:30 EST Time is drop

Thanks!

0 Likes

Nothing yet?

0 Likes

Drop is gone at 5:33

i have a midnight black 6800 xt

You guys all sleeping or what?

0 Likes

"Drop is gone at 5:33

i have a midnight black 6800 xt

You guys all sleeping or what?"

What do you mean? the Shopsite looks the same as it did 2 hours ago...

0 Likes

why didnt change the country?

why dont use vpn?

0 Likes

Where to? - and what do you do? just wait or keep refreshing? 

0 Likes

Im pretty sure your order gets cancelled if you don't buy from the Region Shop of your Country, they get you at the delivery address when processing your order and notice you ordered from a different country online shop.

nope...

i have 2 6900xt (use for watercooling)

and now 1 MB 6800 xt

0 Likes

"nope...

i have 2 6900xt (use for watercooling)

and now 1 MB 6800 xt"

I mean if spending almost $3k on Graphics Card in a few Months makes you happy congrats.

But just saying next gen 7700XT will almost have 6900XT Performance for half the price, better Ray Tracing and very likely less Power Consumption.

incoming in 2024...

the market its hard and the pandemic goes on....

the factorys are not ready in the USA..

also 

i have time for the next 5 years...

0 Likes

"incoming in 2024..."

"the market its hard and the pandemic goes on...."

Do you live behind a rock? alot of Countries have over 30% of their population vaccinated.

RX 7000 Series is coming in 2022, if not at the end of this Year already.

Yea you got time for the next 5 years to think about how to use all your Graphics Cards at once lmao,

do you switch them like socks?

yes

0 Likes

I got better things to do than wait for bots to destroy the supply within seconds.

Well today I scored a 6800TX Midnight Black, hope others were as lucky as I was.