cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Yaright
Adept II

What are the rumors regarding a drop this Thursday or Friday?

For months the drop was on Thursday, then AMD missed this past one and dropped on Friday.

Was it to confuse the bots, did someone forget to push the button?

I have made it to the submit order area more times than I wan to admit, I do hope the captcha helps those of us that would like to get out hands on a 6800XT or 6900XT since this is the only place that has reasonable prices and quick shipping.

AMD you out there, drop us a note, we are listening.

96 Replies
osasa
Adept II

Re: What are the rumors regarding a drop this Thursday or Friday?

I've been trying to purchase 6800xt since the release but never had the chance to succeed. 

AMD please find a way for us as old valid users to buy one. For example send valid old accounts a link of purchase to our email as a start. 

😍

Tags (2)
ajracer14
Adept I

I hope they can figure something out to help. Been trying and trying. 

bigtroll
Adept II

It would be sooooo nice to score one, I just checked ebay and plenty of Reference AMD 6800XT for $1500 and up lol.

0 Likes
xmadmike
Adept III

they put some rules to avoid scalpers ordering more, hopefuly, it will work for us

acguarnica
Adept II

You won't find me licking their boots. They only care about scalpers and how much of a kickback they can get from them.  It's obvious, as anyone who tries to get in before scalpers gets access denied.

Yaright
Adept II

Well it looks like they did a Wed drop, wonder if this is the drop of the week or something else.

This is getting sadder and sadder.

AMD, how about a little heads up, lead time etc.....

This is a Red Team area, where b they.

0 Likes
bigtroll
Adept II

Well I got lucky so far scored the 6700XT today, hopefully get a shipping notification soon, I know its the lowest card they sell but man it is a huge upgrade from a GTX 1080 really happy if it does all work out and my order isn't cancelled.

Yaright
Adept II

Congrads on your GPU.

I want the be able to say the same thing while sitting with my 6800XT or 6900XT and talking about the old days when I couldn't get a card.

I can dream 😞

bigtroll
Adept II

Thank you, the most important thing is to never stop trying. I would get up at 1, 2, 4AM in the morning trying to get a card and kept loosing out to the bots. Eventually you should be able to get one. For what its worth I would go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfyJ5XBchoQ and check for the rumored drop date of amd's site, then try and refresh before the suspected drop but don't refresh like a madman or AMD's site will temporary block your computer from accessing it, just once maybe every 10-15 seconds and it wont block your browser and hopefully you can add to cart. I checked out with paypal so I think that is much quicker then manually typing in your credit card info unless you have it auto complete. Also I really wanted the 6800xt or 6900xt but they are in higher demand so going with the 6800 or 6700xt you might have better luck, in my case the 6700xt is a huge step up from a GTX1080 in terms of benchmarks and features and I will report back here on how it does once i get it.

Good luck with the hunt.