Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

video playback stutter

Hi, I've just upgraded to an R9 380 gpu.  The card is great for games and runs at high settings with no issues in frame rates.  However when it comes to 'simple' video playback I get a regular stutter on purchased youtube videos (but not regular youtube videos) and 4od stream.  Other video streams are ok.

This isn't buffering, as stated other things run fine and the contentious videos will work fine on my lower spec laptop.  Games run well it's just video streaming and not even HD, although that also runs fine with integrated graphics on the laptop.

Is this a flash issue?  iPlayer runs fine, which I think is HTML5, and standard youtube (is that flash or not?).

It's really starting to bug me as now I'm plugging my 'old' laptop into the monitor to watch films despite it being of a lower power than the desktop.

I've tried different browsers and disabling hardware acceleration with no success.

Can anybody provide any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: video playback stutter

Try to Disable / Enable Hardware Acceleration in the browser you're using.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: video playback stutter

Thanks but I've already tried that.

What I did notice the other week is that the stutter appears to tie up with spikes in ethernet activity so it's probably nothing to do with the GPU. I've changed the motherboard when I updated the GPU so this may be the cause.

I may be a step closer but I still have no idea of the solution. I guess I'll start with mobo drivers.

Thanks for your input though.

0 Kudos