cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

radbanshee
Adept I

Very disappointed in the new Crimson software.

Jump to solution

Sorry but i do not like the new crimson.

Took over a hour to install. the Advanced section is very laggy and unresponsive.

When trying to use advanced mode it loads for 5 to 10 min before anything is usable.

Then if i make a change sometimes it just crashes and i have to start over again.

I want the old CCC back so how can i get it? Or am i stuck with this version?

My setup

AMD FX 8350

2 MSI R9 280X

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zenleststehum
Journeyman III

Re: Very disappointed in the new Crimson software.

Jump to solution

The Legacy versions can be found here.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
zenleststehum
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

The Legacy versions can be found here.

View solution in original post

1337cammy
Adept III

Jump to solution

Feel free to search the latest CCC version for your windows system in 32 or 64 bit memory addressing by searching the 15.7.1 version.

For Win 7 64 bit for example this one.

0 Likes
radbanshee
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link.

Crimson just not ready for my eyefinity setup.

I will go back to Legacy till the bugs are fixed. Hope it gets sorted soon.

0 Likes
feverstriker
Challenger

Jump to solution

That's really odd, I have no issues with it whatsoever.

shaneherald
Adept III

Jump to solution

when installing AMD video card drivers ...and I know this can be a pain....but you have to use a driver cleaner ....AMD has one ..but I like to use the one the fellas at guru3d have made....it works wonderfully and removes all driver files left behind from a normal uninstall.....this is what I did to install the new Radeon crimson Software .....

I went here and downloaded the the ddu program...display driver uninstaller....(a direct link to the download page)

www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-version-15-7.html

I then unpacked the DDU files ...uninstalled the CCC drivers and program threw the programs and features menu in windows ...I then ran DDU. now DDU will restart your pc in to safe mode you have a few options to choose from ...

I chose remove drivers and shutdown...just because it seems the safest to me then a restart ...I don't know why ...lol...

at the end of the operation of removing drivers it will ask you if you want the program to stop windows from downloading display drivers you want to say yes....and then it will shut down...I restarted my pc ...and install the Radeon Software......boom ...done in less then 2 minutes ...yes it went that fast for me.....

if your having issues try this method .....even if you had issues and the new Radeon Software did install ...I recommend downloading this program and uninstalling Radeon Software and running the driver cleaner and reinstalling ...

hope this helps some of you having issues with the install....this new software is awesome .....AMD! I love it! .....I just wish my over clocks would work again in all my favorite benchmarks........

radbanshee
Adept I

Jump to solution

Totally stumped.

Crimson acted like a virus and i have been fighting to get it back to normal all last night and all of today. So pissed off right now. I had to reinstall windows 10 and now i am still having troubles with AMD CCC 15.7.1 it keeps freezing. I had absolutely no troubles with my custom built computer till i installed Crimson.

Right now the only way i can get windows to restart is with my flash drive installed and use advanced tools to force to skip  driver signature enforcement.

Never had any troubles till crimson install.

0 Likes
dickhyper
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hey,

Installed minimal Crimson Edition for my Win 8.1 R9 200 GPU and it would not discover my

HDTV !!!!!!!!!!!!! I used Windows restore to get back CCC. Forgot the "Trust but verify" rule !!!

Good Luck all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
gaborbartal
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Just to balance the comments, I have installed it within 2 minutes, and works freaking wonders.
(AMD R9 280 3GB | AMD FX-8320)

blazer
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have had no problems with the Crimson software on my system, and I even installed the legacy version on my wife's computer (she is running a HD6800 series) and had no problems with either installation. Although, downloading the driver for my system was a pain, because the first time I downloaded it, the file was corrupt, so I had to download it again.