cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Unable to lock neither mem Clock or Core clock below factory adjusted value on GPU

Jump to solution

So. Plain and simple.

GPU Driver forces mem clock and core clock to maximum capacity always when needed. But problem is that my GPU is unable stay stable under those clocks....

memory clock 1200 Mhz and Core clock 1100MHz.

I have tried all most every thing i know and i am still unable lock GPU clocks under factory adjusted value.

My main components are: AMD HD 7850 series, AMD Phenom X6 1055T, M4A88T-M USB3.

Please help me!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Unable to lock neither mem Clock or Core clock below factory adjusted value on GPU

Jump to solution

if you really wanna lower your gpu clock simply edit the GPU Bios (read about it) - and then flash the GPU Bios and test it - but i think ur OC isnt suitable for your card - and at the good old HD7850 days a 240MHz OC on GPU is quiet hard -> try to lower it a little

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Unable to lock neither mem Clock or Core clock below factory adjusted value on GPU

Jump to solution

Have you tried using MSI afterburner? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes. It dosen't help. I am still unable to change maximum capacity which GPU want's to use.

Thanks still.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Are you having any other issues? Have you tried installing an older driver? If no then i suggest you use the AMD utility or DDU(display driver uninstaller) to remove the current driver.  After you have removed it find a driver that's a few versions old, see if it's still an issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Not at the moment. None of older driver which i have found gave me solution. Reason for that i just don't know.

I know that i am not new at this, but i still can miss some simple solutions. So keep going!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Ok then the following you aren't going to like. It's one of 2 things, a corrupted OS installation, though honestly this choice isn't high on my list, or hardware failure. I am not sure how long you have had your setup or what type of PSU you are using(cheap units can cause premature failure due to poor voltage regulation and ripple control) but the lack of response from any software instruction is a bad sign.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I think that you are almost correct. However my power is quite good for my use so that's unlikely. OS has been installed quite whew time without solution. It's most likely hardware related problem.

I also made another thread which is quite same as this, but it's focusing how to lower maximum GPU clock limits.

ps. I had power related problem in my previous build and that's why i newer ever buy cheap power to my setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

You absolutely can not base stated wattage as being good for your use.  Watts does NOT equal quality.  You say you bought a good PSU but how old is it and what brand and model?  Also if there is a hardware failure no matter what you do you will never be able to under-clock the GPU.  If it is not taking software input the hardware will perform at whatever information is stuck in it.

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

if you really wanna lower your gpu clock simply edit the GPU Bios (read about it) - and then flash the GPU Bios and test it - but i think ur OC isnt suitable for your card - and at the good old HD7850 days a 240MHz OC on GPU is quiet hard -> try to lower it a little

View solution in original post