Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Twitch.tv/AMD Giveaway complaining

Jump to solution

Hello,  quick rant,  I try and make it to as many AMD live streams as I can, great community and loyal members that always use AMD products for powering they're entertainment PC platforms.

I have been a gamer since birth and I love how this community reaches out to its followers,  gamers want a community like this and have it.  With this being said I feel that the forever loyal "AMD Red Team" is being pushed aside by "The New Unknowns"  in the live stream giveaways on Twitch.tv.

I hardly ever make it to these giveaways because of my work schedule but when I get home I hear the horror stories of how accounts made on the same day of the stream are winning $200 + dollars worth of top of the line merchandise.  I understand the rules and the freedom given to build the community with new members,  however I strongly feel the amount of tickets in Revlo should be increased and this is why...

My total tickets right now = 3246

Total tickets purchased per RX480 last night  = 2701

I have enough tickets to out-bid the entire giveaway and I am not even in the top 100 of the leaderboards.

AMD's loyal Twitch audience has tickets to spend and a ton of them,  the smartest thing to do is to increase the tickets needed to enter giveaways of higher value to make it fair for the people that have given their time for AMD in the years building up to this point.

AMD Red Team has points,  lets put them to use!

New members keep showing your love and earn enough points for those big giveaways!

Feed me with your thoughts on this subject,  agree? disagree? why? and what would help the community grow stronger?

Showing my love for AMD Red Team

Scott Wilson (Mobius)

from SWAccelerated Gaming

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Twitch.tv/AMD Giveaway complaining

Jump to solution

Hey!

Just so you know, this week, we're increasing the ticket buy in to 75 points per ticket with a total of 10 possible tickets (1 Free ticket, and 9 purchasable). I'm going to see how that goes and depending on that we'll make it a permanent change (or even increase to 100 points per ticket). Going down the road, I'd like to add rewards that you guys can redeem with your points but that's something I would have to sit down and even see if it was possible.

In regards to the making loyalty giveaways, that's currently not a built in feature of Revlo and not something that we can really do legally. Giveaways have to be fair for all, and while we can reward people who watch the stream more, only making it available to certain people isn't exactly fair. We have exclusions for giveaways for certain countries, but that is due to Tax & Import laws.

Really appreciate the feedback. I'm trying really hard to make the twitch channel as awesome as possible. If you have any additional feedback or questions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

~Kelly

View solution in original post

46 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Wish I could mark "Like" or something on this, but I guess having the same "question" works...

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

top right corner if it's for the first post

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

You're my hero!

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Tickets are set to 50 in revlo currency, and are limited to a max of 4 bought (+1 'free'). If you're not alone in feeling that 50 isn't enough, let's discuss what would be. Bear in mind that it's intended to both reward longtime viewers but also not dissuade new viewers with having a huge bar of entrance

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I think the issue is also that free entries can come in at the last minute without having watched any stream ever. Having a reasonably high ticket price helps avoid ninjas

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

We all understand that dissuading new viewers is bad,  defeats the purpose of a "giveaway".  I just think the "Sweet Spot" for the amount of tickets hasn't been found yet,  right now it is definitely too low and the giveaways are being ninja'd,  maybe bump it up to 100 instead of 50 as a trial for the next giveaway?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

maybe, now there's people who can actually redeem that many. It was 100 per ticket when Revlo was first introduced and it was dropped as nobody could buy any

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I agree but at th same time it's a giveaway to promote and products. If you raise the price it could also have a negative effect. I have plenty of points, but I am looking at the whole picture.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

I agree. I think they raise the count from 50 to 100 per ticket and increase ticket count to 10 possibly. There are the giveaway ninjas that come in at the last half hour or so and/or with new accounts and winning on the same day the account was created. So this way it would give the faithful AMD viewers/community members a better chance at winning vs a random who is just there for the giveaway.