cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

colesdav
MVP

Re: Time zone for Vega sales?

Ah... Phase Change CPU Cooling. one of my interests.
NSG S0: World's First Fanless Chassis for High Performing PC by Calyos™ — Kickstarter

NSG-S0

Looks really nice.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

If those thermals are true this case looks really interesting.
Do they personalise the case styles for you or do you have to do that yourself?
I think they look great ... but I am not sure about the "My Little Pony" one ...

Make-it-yours.png

0 Likes
os2wiz
Elite

Good luck with your case. I have a ThermalTake V71 with Blue Leds in

the front. They match the blue leds on my Alphacool Eisbaer 360 water

block. I have an MSI X370 Titanium motherboard that is white and black

and goes nicely with the leds. My case has a tempered glass window and

the build is quite attractive. I am one for understatement . I don't

want my build to look like Times Square with too many leds. To me less

is more in this build cleran lines and some sexy blue leds. I have

excellent thermals in the case. When I use the computer during early

morning and evening in my solarium, the motherboard isabout 35 celcius,

the cpu at idle is 40 Celcius (summertime). Fall and winter temps are

considerably lower. Under full load it shoots up to about 67 Celcius.

0 Likes
red5
Challenger

Looks like my Newegg order went through and is shipped. I figured they were going to come back and say it wasn't available. That's happened before.  Time to go shopping for the EK waterblock for Vega, but I think I can only pre-order at this point. Does anyone else make a waterblock for Vega yet?VEGA.JPG

colesdav
MVP

0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

You have to create your own decals for it.  Not sure what I'll do with the color scheme.  It would be interesting to see if an entirely passive case can wick away all that heat Vega 64 pumps out.  I'm really excited to give it a try.

You can add 120mm fans below the CPU/GPU radiators.  That supposedly pushes the performance beyond custom loop water coolers, but then you'll have some noise.  I think I'll test without the fans first and see how high I can push things.  Sigh, the shipping date is so far away.

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Alphacool has blocks available too via ModMyMods - https://modmymods.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=vega around @$109. EK just shipped mine on Friday and it's out for delivery today. Either way Alphacool and EK are both great companies.

colesdav
MVP

Thanks for pointing it out. It was really iunteresting to read about it. How about going to the AMD Fankit and using the wallpapers there?
Some nice backgrounds: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Trademark and Graphic Usage Agreement
You could post your build to the AMD forum, I am sure many people would be interested to see your build in such an unusual case.

I would post my pictures of a couple of my builds the forum but my "Cable Management" would more properly be called "Rats Nest Rearrangement".

I swap different PCIe slot hardware, drives, and GPU's so often that it was not worth me tieing down the cabling or being too fussy about it.

Bye.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

You could always try an AMD Ruby theme ... Ruby-Techdemo on Radeon R9 290X: Cryengine 3 maxed out - YouTube

I hear rumour's the Ruby may be back ...

0 Likes
os2wiz
Elite

If it proves to be insufficient Alphacool announced an all in one

full cover water block for Vega 64.

0 Likes