cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Thingers crossed !

Hi,

Big love to everyone from France !

Currently still running an old Intel I7 860 2.80GHz and GeForce GTX 970 (thinking to upgrade since a year).

Finally decided half a year ago to upgrade, but had to wait till this next gen comes out.

Also decided to go full RED TEAM, as a 10 GB GPU from Green Team was a definitive "no go" for me (10 GB  in 2020 ? seriously ??)

Also, the performance of the new AMD 5000 CPU & 6000 GPU series is outstanding; and my choice was done !

Managed to (very luckily) grab a 5800x CPU (far over MSRP, but at least I did get one !).

Managed to put into basket a 6800XT reference card (far over MSRP) at launch from local online reseller AND to pay... but order was canceled and refunded "due to shortage".

Managed to put into basket an AIB 6800XT (far over MSRP) at AIB launch from local online reseller AND to pay... but order was canceled and refunded "due to shortage".

Now checking on regular basis the AMD shop and all local reseller websites for any 6800XT availability.

Will definitively not pay twice the price to scalpers !

Will definitively be trying my luck on launch day for a 6900XT too !

I know there is alot of angry customers all around the world due to current (no) stock situation, and I will agree that i am one of the most desperate ones, since I am now waiting since soo long...

Hope I'll have better luck soon, and crossing my fingers;  with the hope to be soon joining the lucky club !

I am definitively sure that I'll enjoy it even more once I get a cart, due to the long wait 🙂

To all people still waiting for a card, as I am: don't loose hope and stay positive ! wishing to all of us to get one soon !

Please, wish me best luck !

Best regards,

Newbattlestar

PS: new PC already mounted; only missing the GPU now ^^

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi

GSkill RipjawsV 32Go (2x16) DDR4 3200 CL16

Ryzen 5800X with Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition cooler

SSD Aorus M.2 Gen 4 (PCIE 4.0) Black - 2 To + Samsung SSD PM981a NVMe 1 TB (PCIE 3.0)

Case: Be Quiet! Pure Base 500DX (white)

PSU: Be Quiet Straight Power 11 - 750W - 80+ Gold

5 Replies

Hi; small update today.

I managed to get a 6800 XT in AMD shopping cart today and to proceed payment, but - as many other people (Europe & UK apparently) - I get an error message "Selected shipping country is not available in this region. Please edit your shipping information." when I try to finalize the order.

All went fine... till I hit that wall !

So, no card for the moment, unless ?

Have noted the shopping cart # and url; but do not know if there is a solution, and also do not know who (and how) at AMD can be contacted.

Still have to wait then, and to hope ^^

0 Likes

All the GPUs are inside wearing masks and too afraid to go out in case they catch a computer virus. 

0 Likes

So, my shopping cart was finally deleted (by the subcontracted company managing the AMD shopping website; not by myself).

Would gladly know when cards will be on sale next, so that I can try once more; if anybody gets info on that ?

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Likes

Seen some light today.

Scott Herkelman confirmed that AMD officially extended the reference design builds indefinitely due to popular demand.

With, or without a mask ? That's another question !

Yes I just saw that on Twitter. 
Good news for those that want one. 

AMD reference GPU PCBs are usually of excellent quality and based on reviews I read / watch these MBA boards have some very high quality smart power stages. AMD should be able to monitor and control and report total board input power now which is really great to see.  

I am not sure if I would buy an RX5900XT though. 
Like everything it depends on price.
I am always after 2 slot 40mm cards, so maybe I can pick up a used ASUS AIO Hybrid LC version some day.