cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

The Void of Quality AMD-based Builds in the Notebook Space (picked up by Anandtech and ExtremeTech)

It finally looks like some of the tech sites have caught onto what many of us have been saying for years. It is refreshing to see.

Who Controls the User Experience? AMD’s Carrizo Thoroughly Tested

and

Poor OEM designs, single-channel RAM sabotage AMD’s Carrizo | ExtremeTech

Now who knows if that will prompt HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, etc. to change their ways. My unfortunate suspicion is it likely won't, unless we keep making some noise at them. So feel free to add to the comments section of the articles, let them know you dissatisfaction on Twitter and Facebook, etc.

This in particular might be worth a retweet.

And if those vendors STILL continue to tarnish AMD's brand with their builds, I see no reason why AMD can't offer something like Project Quantum for laptops. Similar to Google with it's Nexus line of smartphones.

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: The Void of Quality AMD-based Builds in the Notebook Space (picked up by Anandtech and ExtremeTech)

Hell, contract with MSI to put 35-watt Carrizo and a discrete Radeon GPU in one of their GL series laptops. Swap the MSI logo for a nice red brushed-metal AMD logo, and count me in!

Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: The Void of Quality AMD-based Builds in the Notebook Space (picked up by Anandtech and ExtremeTech)

I was awestruck by the project Quantum until he said the "i" word, now I'm just left speechless...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

i pray that for some years now

last good (more medium) laptop was Acer V5-552G or MSI GX60 // but usally the OEMs suck when planing AMD laptops

0 Kudos