cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

cavemanthe0ne
Challenger

Re: Suggestions for MITX/HTPC build?

Ok, after a bit of research and Ebaying I put this pc partpicker list together: AMD Athlon X4 860K - System Build - PCPartPicker ... Cut down cost a lot with same/better stuff from Ebay. And thank you for noticing the fact that the disc drive was wrong! What do you think of it now? I basically put in a 260x, and subbed out a few other things for better deals on Ebay to bring price down & make it all work together!

And I'd totally go for that case, but the Cooler Master Elite 130 allows for ATX psus (instead of buying an expensive tiny PSU, can get a decent normal sized one). Tho, the case you found is really quite nice, as the elite 130 might be a bit annoying trying to fit in/around the TV stand somewhere. Whereas the Milo would just fit in the spot.

0 Likes
ebonclaw
Elite

ATX compatibility is nice, but if the system isn't gonna fit where you want it to, then it's not gonna fit.  Your system wattage is pretty low draw, you don't need much to run it.  You might have to spend a TAD more on the PSU, but I'd say that's a good tradeoff to get the case you really want.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256097.

Still, your list looks fine now, I don't see anything obviously wrong with it anymore, and it's in your price range, so I'd really just check dimensions and ensure it fits and build it.  I might've liked a meatier GPU in there, but in an ITX case, it can't be helped.

Good luck man!

0 Likes
cavemanthe0ne
Challenger

Ok, thanks! I'll definitely go see what fits... Thanks for the input, really appreciate it! If you have any ideas for better stuff let me know, this is a project that may take a while to finish (as the old Bluray still keeps going despite dead fans & the 360 is also still working yet) so if you find deals/better cases/whatever feel free to post it.

I may have to pick a GTX 750 Ti if I do get the smaller case as it doesn't require a six-pin plug, or maybe the r7 250 (same reason).   (That and I may get random stuff if I find a great deal, will post my progress!)

0 Likes