cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Adecuas
Journeyman III

Re: Scalpers did get them....

I have never bought from Amazon, I really want to support my local stores that employ local people from my community. But even Best Buy has the cards listed as ONLINE ONLY. The only reason they still have brick and mortar stores around here is because we are next to the border and much of their business comes from there.

It is sad that even now Best Buy says screw the local communities.

The least AMD could do is ... if you buy a CPU .. and it looks like you are trying to upgrade, they should offer you an email coupon that reserves a card for you if you reply in a few days SO THAT YOU CAN UPGRADE. I have bought a 5800x and a 5600X to upgrade my two computers and still waiting on the video cards.

Something like "Hello, this is AMD. We've noticed that you have purchased ONE of the latest Ryzen CPU's. Are you upgrading? Reply to XXXX before so-and-so date and we will reserve a GPU of your choice to help you upgrade. LIMIT one per account or CPU purchased."

How hard is that? lol

0xE1
Journeyman III

I've been monitoring amd.com web store for months manually and automatically (script that monitors links for a changes every 15 minutes and notifies me), and there was only price change and some products added or removed, but never was any GPU available at any point in last few months, CPU's are also scarce, 5800x was never seen in stock either...

(that's in Germany)

0 Likes
TheCrow2269
Journeyman III

In American, the 6900 XT was available (for several hours) when nVidia released the 3060 (non-TI).  I should have jumped on it, but I didn't want to be greedy.  I want the 6800 XT, so I'll wait patiently (and apparently keep waiting 🤣).

bigtroll
Adept II

Well lets hope they get a que system in place or something like EVGA, either way people there have been waiting since october (I think) and still haven't gotten a card so the que moves very slow. Unless crypto mining crashes to a low like it did before I don't think we will ever see MSRP prices which is really sad as I want an AMD card.

0 Likes