cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

RYZEN: What's your favorite feature so far?

Now that we got a bit more info about the newest CPU from everyone's favorite company.
I was curious to see what everyone's thoughts are regarding RYZEN and the features that this excellent CPU offers?

Personally I think Extended Frequency Range is revolutionary and the perfect tech to get as much performance out of your chip without crossing the danger threshold.

What are your thoughts?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: RYZEN: What's your favorite feature so far?

well i have answers to that question in my opinion it is the low power to the cpu that open you up to push more to the chip but my fear would be if you did overclock it beyond its turbo would it be stable and i dont mean just a little overclocking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

8 real cores and 16 threads.Lower TDP than FX 9590 and faster. small form factor for HTPC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I'm looking forward to their release, and once they have been on the open market for a few months if the price is right I might upgrade. I never buy new tech right away.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

If I remember correctly, zen has a auto overclock type feature. That is pretty cool for people that want the max performance but don't know how to OC

Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

The auto OC is great, but I hope it can be disabled or at least set the CPU in a certain state of OC. Why? Because when you do research you need to replicate your test/results and you cant have unknown variables like how good the OC is today because its 2C hotter or colder than yesterday.

Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

This neural net optimization over time is probably the most interesting feature of Zen, at least to me.

The idea that you could setup a machine dedicated to a particular task, and it could improve it's performance over time is going to have wide-reaching implications.

I wonder if people are going to form businesses around 'training' and reselling processors.

Highlighted
Elite
Elite

I was actually thinking the same thing, Blazek. The AI features/neural net, and the (I think it was called) Infinity Fabric is gonna be amazing too! Really looking forward to SenseMI and IF!