cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

ryzen 9 3900 x

Hello to all.

I am a new owner of a ryzen9 3900x.

in current use (molotov, chromium, hexchat and conky open on gnome desktop), my cpu often stabilizes at 44 °c .

I found a way to undervolve the cpu on my ASUS PRIME X570 PRO motherboard, but despite everything, at 1.20 volts of Vcore, the temperature is unstable and keeps going from 40 to 50°C.

I would like to get a stable temperature of 40°C for regular office use (as mentioned above).

Can you help me?

of course, games like cyberpunk, the wittcher or assassins creed must continue to be playable.

what to do ?

do I limit myself to the default values ? or do I modify the vcore ? in this last case, at what value ?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Likes
2 Replies
ajlueke
Grandmaster

40C is an incredibly low temperature reading.  The CPU will likely exceed that with only minimal load, so I'm not sure there will be much you can do to keep it in that threshold.

You could try setting the PPT/TDC/EDC limits under precision boost overdrive manually.  Set the volatge to auto and configure the PPT/TDC/EDC until you get the temps you like.  142W/95A/140A are the standard settings for a 105W thermal design processor like the 3900X.

If you set those to 88W/60A/90A you will have effectively placed the 65W processor limits on your 3900X.  That will lower your temps considerably, but the performance as well.

0 Likes

ok.
I didn't know all this, .
Thanks.
So, I'll continue with the default settings.

0 Likes